I love New Yorks off the UDS.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

forktender

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 10, 2008
NORCAL
I found a couple of prime N. Y's in the freezer, so off to the drum they went . This time I just tossed a few oak logs into the drum and sparked them up until they burnt down to coals. I threw the two steaks on the grate and choked down the fire until it was a slow smolder. I left them in the drum for 3 hours unseasoned, then tossed them into a bath of clarified butter until they cooled down a bit.
Then I seasoned them heavily with a Santa Maria seasoning, and threw them onto the flat top, which was heavily buttered.
It was some of the best meat I've ever eaten, you could cut them with a fork with no problem whatsoever. My wife and I shared one because they were massive, so good lunch meat for tomorrow, unless I can't sleep, if that's the case it won't last through the night.
Absolutely KILLER meal, sometimes simple is best.
#nothingfancy.

The green sauce is homemade chimichurri, and the white glob to the right of the plated shot is homemade horseradish.

YUM!!!!

Thanks for look'in, I wish you could've tasted this one.

Dan

Attachments

• 20240205_191431.jpg
    20240205_191431.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 20240205_191757.jpg
    20240205_191757.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 20240205_192142.jpg
    20240205_192142.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Nice looking steaks Dan. Cooked to perfection.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: forktender
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky