Ingredients Questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Phosphate will help keep the sausage moist. Be careful though, to much and you will have mush.

SE will help maintain color in the meat as well as help the cure when used in a brine.

Corn syrup solids will help bind and aid in fermentation, hold moisture and are 40-50% as sweet as cane. Try not to exceed more than 2% - 3% max of the green weight of the meat.

I will have to disagree with Chef Jimmy on the cure #2. Its not always needed for dry cure, you can dry cure with cure #1 with refrigeration. Meaning the end product will not be as shelf stable and will require refrigeration or freezing if not eaten within a week.

Anyways

Just have fun with making your own.

Thanks Nepas!  I have some stuff coming on the way so I'm going to start with some Snack Sticks using an AC LEGG mix and then work into some smoked sausages!  Thanks for replying!

Thanks Nepas!  I have some stuff coming on the way so I'm going to start with some Snack Sticks using an AC LEGG mix and then work into some smoked sausages!  Thanks for replying!
The AC LEGG

#116 is a good mix, just dont add any corn syrup solid, dextrose or amesphose to it. Anything else like pepper, paprika and the like and you'll be fine.

Have fun

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky