How Many Mes Owners Here?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Which One Do You Have?

• 40'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40' with window

• 40' 800 watt

• I like it a lot

• Where did you buy it?

• Sams Club

• Other please list where in a post

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I TOO love my MES

I have heard all the arguments. If you want charcoal go that route. If you have a LIFE then go electric. I have heard about "not enough smoke" until I wonder if one wants to digest a hickory tree.

Does any one else have the defect that you are typing and your script inserts itself 2 lines up? My wife & I have that regularly
SO go for it. You will not notice the difference between charcoal and electric unless you count the hours counting standing there loading charcoal. And sweating.

I have the 30" and purchased it at Cabelas. I purchased it after having a charcoal smoker for years and just never being able to get decent food out of it. For years I just stopped smoking for being tired of wasting both my time and food. The MES gave me confidence back in what I'm doing now everyone wonders what I'm gonna smoke next!

I have a MES 30 and I really like it. I did the 14 hour smokes with the ECB and the butts were great. Everything was great on the ECB. But...if you want some sleep...the MES is the answer. Crumble a little charcoal in with the chips. You'll get the flavor!

I couldn't smoke regularly like I do without the MES. I have the new 40" model with the window. Had the older model for a year and I also have the 30" at the fish camp. I think they are a great value for the money and I am smokin up some awesome eatin with mine. Just noticed at Bass Pro this weekend they carry a 30" with the window now. I also have an OK Joe and I really enjoy it too but I can only use it when time allows. I use the MES almost every other day.

Ok so I picked up my MES from SAMS and here is the lowdown on the 3 year warrenty. If you are a plus member like I am the warranty does not begin until after the manufactures warranty and you get an extra 12 months added on top of that so for 39 dollars you get the manufactures warranty plus three years plus 12 months for a total of four years and 90 days.

I have the 30" digital model I got from Canadian tire store for $200.
its in its 3rd season. I sure hope it doesn't burn out because I can't afford to replace it. I also have a charcoal burner and a gasser. Each has its place. I even have a small Cobb Charcoal Cooker which gives the best flavour and the best smoke rings for the cheapest cost, it uses 6 briquettes for a 1 1/2 hour smoke.

For convienience and almost set it and forget it you cannot beat the MES.

I own the 30" model purchased at Cabela's. 800 watt element, digital control. Works great, best for use in this cold weather, like others have said, not having to babysit a my CG. Have experienced the same issue with the digital controller in the cold weather, having to warm it up, so after my last smoke with it, I just rmoved it from the unit and stored it indoors. I will have to contact customer service as my controller seems to be off by about 40 degrees. Otherwise I am happy with the results.

Awesome!

Got mine at Cabelas, ONLY because SAMS did not have them in yet.

No complaints, but an improvement would be a switch, so it could run at 600 watts and 1200 watts as needed. I think it would improve the ability of this unit to smoke at low temps.

Todd

I bought my first smoker, a 30" MES, from Cabelas a few years back and have enjoyed smoking with it and have turned out some very tasty grub. Just recently, I bought the new 40" 1200watt MES from Sam's. While I've seasoned it, I have smoked anything in it yet as life got in the way.

I sold my 30" to my buddy so he could get into smoking. He keeps opening the door to smell the hickory.....I think he's hooked already.
biggrin.gif

I bought a 40" Stainless from Bass Pro. The first one i picked up worked decent until I ripped the 'wood chip tray' ring right out of the side of the thing. After bringing that back, the second one had a computer malfunction and wouldnt hold the temperature correctly, it was off by approx 40 degrees which really messed some smokes up. Needless to say I brought it back for a refund and looked elsewhere. I ended up ordering a 22" Weber Smokey Mtn when they first were produced and havent looked back since. This smoker is amazing, slightly over priced, but holds a temp for a good 6-7 hours when doing brisket or shoulders. The only thing i dont like is when i use the bottom rack i need to take the top rack out to access anything down there. hm now im getting hungry but the weather up here in Mass has been absolutely terrible lately, bring on spring already.

Bought my 30" MES at Cabela's. Liked it enough to buy one for my son for Christmas.

Bearcarver

I got mine at Sams over 3 yrs ago in the fall. They were puting away the summer stuff and had it maked down to $225.00 40" stainless. I have done ribs ,venison hams, pork hams , summer sausage, bologna,squirrels,
beef and pig tongues, salmon, chickens and turkeys and all kinds of jerkey.
For someone that had never smoked before this has been a user friendly tool. I have recived all my guidence from the good people here.
After reading the post about the wiring problem I pulled mine down a few weeks ago and did find it in need of repair. Quick and simple thanks to all the post on this site.
I love mine and would not hesitate buying another when the time comes.

got the 30" digital 2 years ago at local cabelas w/$20. off coupon. the improvements back then were better door latch and addition of the top vent. use it about every other week, even in the winter. store it in shed, and have always brought controller in the house after use, no issues with it so far.

I have two 30" MES at the moment, one is the newest remodel I got at Bass Pro during Black Friday 2009, the other is a model from the year prior that I got from Lowes. I put the newer one away until spring hits here in MI and have been abusing the older one all winter long after a rebuild. I have to admit that rewiring the older model with hi-temp wiring seems to have made a significant change in it's ability to heat and retain heat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky