Hobbies other than smoking/cooking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This is SUCH a "guy" forum! :p

Gardening (flower and food), jewelry (silver and copper sheet only), guitar (acoustic), playing around with graphics software like PS/GIMP/Inkscape, woodworking/building (I designed my kitchen cabs in Sketchup and we built them ourselves, plus the only structure on this place we DIDN'T build is the house)...and yes, I knit, sew, cook, and all the other girly-things as well.

So there! :D

That qualifies you to be "one of the guys"...

Lol there's another lake up there that's a 4 mile hike in. Marten lake that one is beautiful. Don't know how many people go up there now. People were none existent in that area when i went as a kid.

Most of the time I’m fly fishing the SF Payette. I can be miles from the nearest person.

This is SUCH a "guy" forum! :p

Gardening (flower and food), jewelry (silver and copper sheet only), guitar (acoustic), playing around with graphics software like PS/GIMP/Inkscape, woodworking/building (I designed my kitchen cabs in Sketchup and we built them ourselves, plus the only structure on this place we DIDN'T build is the house)...and yes, I knit, sew, cook, and all the other girly-things as well.

So there! :D
Hey, who let the "girl" in here? ;)

But she's right: I'll bet this forum is 98% Y chromosome.

[And I put the word "girl" in quotes because I got my sensitivity training years ago and know I should say "woman," except that my grown daughter (30+) still calls herself a "girl" despite being a doctor.]

Barbecue is my latest passion but I am an avid video game player. I can't even tell you how many times I have saved the galaxy from the Reapers or just how many dungeons I have scavenged through. Occasionally I do spend some quality time with my wife visiting zoos or soaking in the wonder of the ocean at the beach. I just got a Dremel. So I am hoping to get into a few projects with that. The first of which is to build a charcoal basket for my smoker :)

George

That qualifies you to be "one of the guys"...

Only if any of you knit and sew! :p

Hey?!? Who let the girl in?!? :mad::mad::mad::D:D:D

LOL! Didja get yer cootie shot? o_O

Hey, who let the "girl" in here? ;)

But she's right: I'll bet this forum is 98% Y chromosome.

[And I put the word "girl" in quotes because I got my sensitivity training years ago and know I should say "woman," except that my grown daughter (30+) still calls herself a "girl" despite being a doctor.]

Hey, at 58, my opportunities for being called a girl dwindle by the day...I LOVE being called a girl! :D

This thread got me to thinking.... What ARE my hobbies?? Then I realized that outside of my job..EVERYTHING I do is some sort of hobby. Cooking, watching sports and racing, videogames, fishing, guns, trying to make a child, travelling and trying to make a child in other lands.....ect! My inner child is more of an outtie than innie.

Well besides BBQ, Smoking meat and general cooking, I also like to mess with my Mustang

and I do a little woodworking.
Hey, that's not a Mustang; this is a Mustang :):

1024px-1965_Ford_Mustang_2D_Hardtop_Front.jpg

Reactions: retfr8flyr
Well, I have had hundreds of Hobbies through Many years, from Playing Ball to Coaching Connie Mack Baseball, to all kinds of Woodworking, however my Health since 5 years ago prevents me from doing most of them, except Smoking & Cooking.

Here's the last one I am no longer able to do:
Link:
A Bear from Log to Finish

Bear

I have a few hobbies that I indulge in. Fishing, watch collecting, photography. Photography is my favorite.

Im an avid sports guy (NBA, NFL,MLB) and collect autographed sports memorabilia and vintage baseball cards. I own a 1933 Goudey Ty Cobb and 1938 Goudey Joe DiMaggio Rookie card to name a few.

Reactions: chopsaw
IMG_2804.JPG

Forgot to include a pic of what sits in our garage. It's the daughter's '65 which she and I restored a few years back. I then restored a '68 fastback which now resides in Europe.

Reactions: Smoking77532
Is that a 6 cylinder car ? Just asking because I don't see the fender badge .

The 65 came from the factory with a 6 banger. Now it has a 302.

Here's the '68 I restored from the ground up. It got so perfect, I became bored with it and was too scared to drive it around this crazy heavily congested area I live in. So a guy in Europe kept bugging me about if I ever wanted to sell it.....

IMG_3033.JPG

No more restorations for me. Been there, done that. Will never restore my truck for the day I do, I will quit driving it. It's way too busy hauling gravel, redwood bark, honking at pretty women, etc.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky