Hobbies other than smoking/cooking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice cars . I was only asking about the badge because I have a set that came off a '66 that I was going to offer to you .
I bought a '66 GT 2+2 out of a corn field in southern Illinois . Factory " A " code GT , striped and cut and hacked into a race car . I never did get it all the way finished . Did a GT 350 look on it . Maxed out a 289 / 3500 stall / 4.63 rear end and 125 HP nitrous oxide . With the slicks on it would lift the left front about 8 " .
Long time ago , my helper in the pic is 24 now .
rymust.jpg

Reactions: retfr8flyr
The 65 came from the factory with a 6 banger. Now it has a 302.

Here's the '68 I restored from the ground up. It got so perfect, I became bored with it and was too scared to drive it around this crazy heavily congested area I live in. So a guy in Europe kept bugging me about if I ever wanted to sell it.....

No more restorations for me. Been there, done that. Will never restore my truck for the day I do, I will quit driving it. It's way too busy hauling gravel, redwood bark, honking at pretty women, etc.

Now here's a story that will make you sick:
I went to school with a kid that was Spoiled Rotten!!
His parents bought him a brand new 'Stang just like that Green Fast-back.
He got slicks for it to run it at Vargo's Dragway, before the motor was even broken in yet.
The slicks didn't fit, so he beat the fenders "Out" with a sledge hammer, so they would fit.

Bear

Now here's a story that will make you sick:
I went to school with a kid that was Spoiled Rotten!!
His parents bought him a brand new 'Stang just like that Green Fast-back.
He got slicks for it to run it at Vargo's Dragway, before the motor was even broken in yet.
The slicks didn't fit, so he beat the fenders "Out" with a sledge hammer, so they would fit.

Bear
Dad had a Triumph TR3 while we were growing up. I guess he knew I had my eye on it because just when I was turning 16 he sold it to a neighbor....
He painted it Green. With a paintbrush....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky