Hobbies other than smoking/cooking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Central PA Cowboy

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Oct 10, 2017
Central PA
We are all here because we love to smoke food. So my question is, what are your hobbies other than smoking/cooking?

My favorite hobbies right now other than smoking or cooking are working out (lifting) and craft beer. With the Summer coming soon, I may try to get into something more outdoorsy.

Reactions: yankee2bbq
Shopping! lol

My latest not really a hobby but I've been studying and have learned much about automotive electricity and electronics.
Today's vehicles are very complex and I'd like to be able to fix my truck and help out family and friends if need be. I've been eyeballing Pico Lab Scopes for almost two years now and would love to have one BUT, the're not cheap.

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Made a bunch of different style pens a few years ago.
Kind of lost interest after one winter (too cold to be in the garage)....maybe this summer I'll make a few more.

contentRedirection

contentRedirection

contentRedirection

Last edited:
Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Smoking is my latest hobby, but it seems a natural to go along with my longest running hobby ... eating! Otherwise I enjoy hunting, shooting sports, archery and cycling (the pedal kind). Oh, and let's not forget sampling craft beers (something my daughter got me started on a few years back ... those kids can be a bad influence!).

These boards I made were bearcarver's favorite! LOL

Speaking of bearcarver, if you haven't seen his work making bears you really should check them out. He's a talent for sure!

contentRedirection

Geeze, how much time do you have?
Aside from my Internet addiction, there is Astrophotography, Woodworking, Wood Turning, Shooting and Reloading.
I've always been an avid (rabid?) DIY'r.
But a few years ago I got old, so I do less.

Wife on left, me in the middle:
IMG_7573.JPG

Green Turd (which is what the VW camper calls it)
IMG_0098.JPG

White Trash: (which is what the Chevy truck calls it)
IMG_5967.JPG

Last edited:
Geeze, how much time do you have?
Aside from my Internet addiction, there is Astrophotography, Woodworking, Wood Turning, Shooting and Reloading.
I've always been an avid (rabid?) DIY'r.
But a few years ago I got old, so I do less.

Post some pics, would love to see them!

Spring and summer, vegetable garden, fly fishing and hiking in the mountains. Fall and winter, shootin’ at some food. Those all overlap some. When I can’t shoot at birds and the weather cooperates, I love shooting sporting clays. Since I was nine, I’ve been hooked on politics and current events, hence the above hobbies so I can keep my sanity.

Spring and summer, vegetable garden, fly fishing and hiking in the mountains. Fall and winter, shootin’ at some food. Those all overlap some. When I can’t shoot at birds and the weather cooperates, I love shooting sporting clays. Since I was nine, I’ve been hooked on politics and current events, hence the above hobbies so I can keep my sanity.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky