You get what you pay for, USA STYLE!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

schlotz

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 13, 2015
Coatesville, IN
We all have heard the saying. On SMF, there are always threads from someone wanting to upgrade their smoker. In amongst the comments someone usually replies buy American. Outside of the obvious, there can be other reasons to do so. Won't bore ya with all the details that can be found in the attached thread. The Readers' Digest version: totally my fault, didn't empty the pellet hopper, didn't run the remaining pellets out into the fire pot, and didn't cover the smoker. Fast forward a number of months and the auger is solidly cemented within it's tube. Finally with the manufacturer's help over a few phone calls the nuclear option was deployed sacrificing the attached motor & auger with the use of a sledge. Even though I continually reminded the manufacturer this was my doing their reply was "we appreciate you working with us to solve the issue and we will be sending you a replacement motor & auger at no charge". This is an example of an excellent American manufacturer that stands by its product even when they didn't have to. They aren't large but are chocked full of what's still right in America. Their product is not inexpensive, but like the saying: "You get what you pay for".

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky