Nor-Easter ,work from home day *** this just in 40 cm to 80 cm for this weekend WTF ***

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Nor-Easter ,work from home day

Well I knew sooner or later they would get the weather right and winter would show up

DSC_9271.JPG DSCPDC_0003_BURST20240129054358631_COVER.JPG

Calling for 15 -25 cm, not a lot but heavy winds up to 60km, Not terrible but enough for me to pick my job and stay home and work
Coming up from New England coast, Thank you :emoji_sunglasses: :emoji_sunglasses: .
From my cameras when I took the shot , looks nice in the back yard. NOT lol

Looks like snow a little bit every day or so this week. I knew it was too good to be true and stay snowless for that long.

Play safe out there .

David

Last edited:
We were supposed to get all kinds of heavy weather from that system but it never really happened. Rained all day yesterday which of course we didn't need but the strong winds and snow never happened, just stayed to warm.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
We were supposed to get all kinds of heavy weather from that system but it never really happened. Rained all day yesterday which of course we didn't need but the strong winds and snow never happened, just stayed to warm.

Thanks for the like and the comment

We have been lucky so far mostly called for snow and then freezing rain and then rain.

kind of like that all January but also very cold with no snow on ground. I liked it

But today windy and drifting , schools cancelled, lol Looking for my toboggan, as its a no school snow day . ha ha

David

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
You can keep it lol, we got almost 8" about 3 weeks ago or so, schools missed almost 2 weeks and burned up all the snow days, I never got farther than the steps on my deck, dog braved it to potty lol. left my GPS with video plugged in and the cold temps made it turn on, ran my battery flat and hope it has recovered. lessons learned the hard way. We had a couple night of -8 or close.

You can have it David! We had 7" a few days ago. Went to use the blower. And the blower wouldn't lower all the way. After about an hour. It occurred to me the I had the attachment deck set to 4" still from using the mower!! Duh!
Don't you just love them moments?

Ryan

Well i'm back. Storm was not terrible, but it sucked. Received about 25cm snow ( 9/10" ) but the wind just would not stop. So so nice drifts.
Like Jim mentioned , just hung around the inside and stayed warm.
Power never went out or even flickered.

Could not find my toboggan from where I was looking. LOL. Once out took about 3 hours with the snow blower. No fun when it just blows back in your face . So had to do it in the opposite direction ( hence the 3 hours )

Pretty to look at from inside. :emoji_sunglasses: :emoji_sunglasses: From nothing to lots.

David

DSC_9272.JPG

You can keep it lol, we got almost 8" about 3 weeks ago or so, schools missed almost 2 weeks and burned up all the snow days, I never got farther than the steps on my deck, dog braved it to potty lol. left my GPS with video plugged in and the cold temps made it turn on, ran my battery flat and hope it has recovered. lessons learned the hard way. We had a couple night of -8 or close.

Thanks Mike for the comment

I am sure I don't want it so would love to pass on to elsewhere.
That sucks about 2 weeks of school missed. Hope your GPS will boot back up .
It has been below 0 "C" here all month with a couple days that shot up to +12 "C" than right back down.
That is what this week will be. Cold Cold

David

Looks like a coffee and blanket in the recliner day to me!

Jim

Thanks Jim for the like and the comment

It kind of was for awhile. I like to get at it and get the day rolling. So it was 3 cup of tea morning.
But it was storming all night and most of the day.
Went out around 1 pm and took about 3 hours. It sucked in the wind . Had to blow it in a different direction so I could see and not
completely freeze up.:emoji_disappointed::emoji_disappointed:

David

• Sad
Reactions: JLeonard
I'm glad to share some snow with you! We are gonna be over 40 and sunny today... I like it!

Ryan

Well Ryan , if this is your fault, than F*&$% you !!!. LOL

And you have a warm and sunny day .... well ______ you !! again and the little horse you rode in on . LOL

Just kidding, we have had a good winter until this , but it to will pass , someday.

David

We are having mid to upper 50's this week.
Supposed to hit 59f Thursday. That will be highest day of year so far.

Gee, 78º and sunny here today, I'm smoking a rack of spares on the kettle! RAY

WooHoo, high of 58*f and sunny today!

Thanks Ray and Colin for the likes

Nice to see you guys basking in the sun and warmth,
Who am I kidding , hate all 3 of you . well just during the storm, ha ha
Ray ribs on the kettle would have been nice , had to settle for a nice pork roast in the indoor oven.

David

Reactions: Colin1230
DRKs, We were supposed to get a dusting to one inch, LOL got 5 inches of wet stuff. Nothing like what you are seeing though !

Thanks crazy for the like and the comment

Just love how perfect the weather people can be.
5 " of wet snow compared to a dusting. Big difference.
My snow blower hates wet snow, does not throw it far enough for my driveway.

Ours was bad but at least just regular kind of snow. Shi**y and everywhere.

Love it when it even drifts under the van and packs tight.

David

You can have it David! We had 7" a few days ago. Went to use the blower. And the blower wouldn't lower all the way. After about an hour. It occurred to me the I had the attachment deck set to 4" still from using the mower!! Duh!

Thanks Steve for the like and the comment

Well that's embarrassing. and frustrating at the same time.
But if you had used it that way it would have left you with just 3" and you could have just used your cordless ( shovel ) lol

Kidding, at least you figured it out before you called in the service guy and he pointed it out.

David

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky