Got two rolling now!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
IMG_20231005_163957980.jpg

The red Fresnos will get processed this weekend. They've been fermenting for almost 3 weeks now. More than likely I'll make that Asian buffalo style sauce again. People loved it. I'll add a bit more ground ginger this time though. I dug up our antique food processor. So I might use that instead of the juicer.
The one on the left is 3 pounds jalapenos with 1/2 pound serrano's. With garlic, yellow onion, and dried dill.
And going to make dill pickle hot sauce with it.

Very nice. I just had some of the sriracha I made last month with some Korean Fried Chicken I made earlier. Making and sharing sauses and marinades on the forums as awesome.

I have learned so much and have experimented more since I have been more active here.

I look forward to seeing the finished versions.

Looks like a good start Steve. If you guys keep this up. Your gonna put the commercial guys out of business, and us poor slobs that don't make our own are going to be SOL for sauces.

Point for sure
Chris

• Haha
Reactions: indaswamp
Looks great Steve! That combo for green peppers is always good. I'll bet the fresno Asian sauce is great too. I have a gallon of green of the blend that's at 5 weeks.

Very nice. I just had some of the sriracha I made last month with some Korean Fried Chicken I made earlier. Making and sharing sauses and marinades on the forums as awesome.

I have learned so much and have experimented more since I have been more active here.

I look forward to seeing the finished versions.
Thank you! This site is a very useful resource.

Looks like a good start Steve. If you guys keep this up. Your gonna put the commercial guys out of business, and us poor slobs that don't make our own are going to be SOL for sauces.

Point for sure
Chris
Lol! Thanks!

mmmm.....good stuff!

Jim
Thanks Jim!

Looks great Steve! That combo for green peppers is always good. I'll bet the fresno Asian sauce is great too. I have a gallon of green of the blend that's at 5 weeks.
Thanks Jeff! I was thinking about going for another week or two.

Thank you! This site is a very useful resource.

Lol! Thanks!

Thanks Jim!

Thanks Jeff! I was thinking about going for another week or two.
I meant to do the green at 4 weeks but have just been too busy. Debating doing 3 sauces this afternoon but likely need to spread it out. Taste buds can only do so much a day with them LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
IMG_20231007_105258799.jpg

Used the juicer after all. Got about 1/2 of a quart of sauce.

IMG_20231007_105301171.jpg

This time I dried the mash. 7 hours at 132 degrees.

IMG_20231008_080303438.jpg

I'll grind this in a bit.

IMG_20231008_083345099_HDR (1).jpg

To the sauce. I added:
1/3 cup white vinegar
1/3 rice wine vinegar
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/4 tsp of worsy powder
1/4 tsp of hickory smoke
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp garlic powder.
Added 1/8 tsp of gum.
Mixed with the boat motor. And seeing if it needs more to thicken and suspend.
The taste is amazing. The smoke and worsy powder gave it a nice depth.

Man Steve, you've got it going on buddy. Between you, Jeff, and a few others here I'm likely to take the plunge down this rabbit hole....you enabler you :emoji_laughing:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky