Good Day from the north. New member

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DONE WORKIN

Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 22, 2024
I joined yesterday and never had the chance to introduce my self. So..
I have been in the meat/processing business for about 30 some years, I have run 400lb gravity smoke house and
a few 200 and 300lb electronic houses and my big chief.
However, I'm looking forward to retirement so im getting back into something I had true love for but have been away from for the past
7 years.
I live in The Yukon(beside AK) so there is pretty much a temp challenge one way or another all year.
I'm planning to build me cedar smoke house this spring (May) with a custom built fire box.
I look forward to alot of assistance from the wealth of information and knowledge available here at SMF.
Cheers!
DONE WORKIN

Welcome from Kansas and congratulations on your retirement. Looking forward to pics of some of your cooks.
Again, welcome.

Welcome from the Hoosier State and to the best job you'll ever have i.e. Retirement! Looking forward to your posts.

Welcome to SMF glad you joined us. If you type "cedar smokehouse" in the search bar in the upper right corner of the page you should have a few very nice builds pop up

Reactions: schlotz
Thanks all. these adds are killin my lap top. I look forward to answering all when i get this figured

Thanks all. these adds are killin my lap top. I look forward to answering all when i get this figured
Welcome to SMF glad you joined us. I look forward to seeing what kinds of stuff you smoke there. As a Premier Member you can turn off all the ads.

Welcome to SMF glad you joined us. I look forward to seeing what kinds of stuff you smoke there. As a Premier Member you can turn off all the ads.
Thank you. Up here we smoke just about everything says the law. I was trained mostly ham and bacon. Was lucky enough to win a couple of Bronze medals for some ham saus and garlic saus. but that was 20 to many years ago. Is there a tutorial for posting?

We don't have a current tutorial that I know of. Good idea but hasn't been done in a long time and there have been changes since the last one.

k i think i got it
Harley 1.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky