first butts for me

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks all, yes that is my first butt. And the third time I've used the smoker. I got it for fathers day. One of the best presents I've gotten in awhile. There was no way to slice them, fell apart in my hands. Tasted great. I owe what I learned to all the great people on this forum. Read all you can, it really helps.

Jim

First, awesome job scrollman3. Your butts really kicked butt!

Second, this forum is the best thing on the net. I love that everyone pitches in and helps you along the way and I love to see what everyone has in their smoker. Truly inspirational! Have a great 4th!

We had a birthday party on Sunday and the pulled pork was a big hit. Went over to good, everyone wanted to have some to take home. By the time everyone left, there wasn't much pork left
icon_cry.gif
I should have sold it by the pound instead of giving it away. Maybe they will call and place an order for more (ha ha)I made some sauce that I believe Oillogger posted, it was very good thanks for posting it. Looks like I'll be smoking 2 more butts tomorrow for the 4th. This is getting addictive. Heres the sauce recipe that was posted.

Wanda's` Pulled Pork Finishing Sauce

1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp dark brown sugar
1/8 tsp teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp teaspoon salt
1/2 tsp pepper black pepper
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup ginger ale

Heat apple cider vinegar just to boiling then add brown sugar. Turn off heat and add the rest of the ingredients. Use liberally over pulled pork sandwiches (we also put some in a little custard cup to dip the sandwich into for even more flavor).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky