First time Smoking Pork Ribs on the new Grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

UtahSmokin

Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 25, 2024
The wife marinated them in apple cider vinegar, chopped onions and some other spices over night. Put on the grill.

Smoked unwrapped for 3 hours.

Smoked wrapped in aluminum for another hour.

Unwrapped smoked another hour.

Grilled to char for the wife.

lessons , could have smoked probably another hour, turn the hear down to 180 when wrapped and juice the meat!! Was a little dry and a little undercooked but they did turn out awesome for my first time! Parts were still dripping!

Attachments

• IMG_0040.jpeg
    IMG_0040.jpeg
    47.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0041.jpeg
    IMG_0041.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0044.jpeg
    IMG_0044.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0045.jpeg
    IMG_0045.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 30
Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

US, Your ribs look good. A fail proof method (usually :) ) is 3 hrs unwrapped-2 hrs wrapped-1hr unwrapped for St. Louis cut ribs or 2-2-1 for baby backs. IMHO I wouldn't brine them but you can add things when you wrap them.

Looks good, and you say the first time, awesome. I would have no problem sitting there eating with you with that meal. lol

You already might be doing this . But is is good to get some sort of a log book. there are many or just a note book for yourself.

Keep good records of what you smoked, how you did it , temps , time and finish.
Also the weather out side of your smoker as it most times reflects on the time and temps of your smoker.

Welcome to the fun food habit, even if you think it is a fail, most times we get to eat it anyway. :emoji_yum: :emoji_laughing: :emoji_sunglasses:

David

For a first run on the new cooker those ribs look mighty good. I could make a few bones disappear. And as long as they were edible its a win. I've had a few the dog turned his nose up at!

Jim

Hey, you got started with the new smoker and first go round looks tasty. Lot's of ways to do ribs.

US, Your ribs look good. A fail proof method (usually :) ) is 3 hrs unwrapped-2 hrs wrapped-1hr unwrapped for St. Louis cut ribs or 2-2-1 for baby backs. IMHO I wouldn't brine them but you can add things when you wrap them.
First, we've all been there. I almost lost my Man Card first time I "smoked" ribs. It was ugly.

Now I pretty much follow the advice given me so many years ago, echoed here by Crazy. I now know so much more about smoking, thanks to the fine people on SMF, to the point where I know when I can and can't alter times a touch.

You'll get there, my friend and we'll be here for you. In the meantime, they looked like they tasted great!

Mac

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky