Finals of the Sept Throwdown voting

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Who's the winner?

• 1) Smoked Sushi ! ! !

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2) Lasagna Fatty. Sasuage stuffed with green peppers, onions, garlic, portabello mushrooms, ricotta

• 3) Cajun Boudin Crawfish Fatty Pork, Bacon, Rice, Seaweed, Crawfish, Bryner's SmokeHouse Appalachian

• 4) Breakfast fatty: Eggs, cheddar stuffed inside a sweet cocoon of maple flavored sausage, wrapped

• 5) Philly Cheesesteak Double Fattie!

• 6) A gyro-inspired fatty...

• 7) Rolled steak and shrimp creole fatty wrapped in Italian prosciutto

• 8) Ground beef, pork, turkey, deer, caribou and italian sausage

• 9) Apple wood smoked bacon, Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage

• 10) Burrito Fatty

• 11) Spicy Italian sausage

• 12) Kitchen Sink Pizza Fatty

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm voting for a "secret ballot"..... No votes shown until after the voting period ends......  

And I'm sticking to it.....  

Dave
I don't think that would stop the non-visible lobbying. IF that is what's going on.

Tough to slow down or stop lobbying, especially on such a nice prize....   It is the trash talk I personally don't care for on the forum... 

Dave

Threads 1&2 had about 130 total votes. Thread 3 had over 170. The finals thread has over 250. Something doesn't seem to add up to me. I have a bad feeling about this and think I may be done with throwdowns because of it. :devil:

Threads 1&2 had about 130 total votes. Thread 3 had over 170. The finals thread has over 250. Something doesn't seem to add up to me. I have a bad feeling about this and think I may be done with throwdowns because of it.
devil.gif
It would stand to reason that the final voting thread would have significant more votes... theoretically you could reach a total of all 3 initail threads combined... plus or minus a few that did or didn't vote the first go-round. But it is a little suspect...

It would stand to reason that the final voting thread would have significant more votes... theoretically you could reach a total of all 3 initail threads combined... plus or minus a few that did or didn't vote the first go-round. But it is a little suspect...
Everyone was allowed to vote on all  of the first 3 and I would hope that they did. And it seems to me the same people who voted the first 3 would vote the final.

Tough to slow down or stop lobbying, especially on such a nice prize....   It is the trash talk I personally don't care for on the forum... 

Dave
I'm not sure if my comment is what you considered trash talk, but if so, I apologize. I'll refrain from further comments that might seem negative. The positive atmosphere is one of the reasons I love this forum, and I'd hate to be a part of spoiling that.

-Kyle

Everyone was allowed to vote on all  of the first 3 and I would hope that they did. And it seems to me the same people who voted the first 3 would vote the final.
I see your point... I had forgot about the "vote in all 3" aspect!  That does change the "theoretical" tally. I will say though, that voting for someone else, seems a little bassackwards... 

Last edited:
I'm new to this site and think the throwdowns are exciting but the negativity is something. Obviously you can tell which guys have which ones the ones with no votes????
Hi karlee! I think because the prize was so big on this throwdown it kind of brought out something that we don't usually see around here. There really is hardly ever any negativity around here and we try to keep it that way.

I see this is your first post here, when you get a minute would you do us a favor and go to Roll Call and introduce yourself so we can get to know you and give you a proper welcome, also would you add your location to your profile, we like knowing where you are when we talk to you, Thanks!

judges are picking the grand prize. the winner of this one gets the spice package. still a good prize but compared to the $800 smoker???

ya i dont want to add any fuel to the fire. i like the hidden results idea too. not because of the suspected lobbying or negativity. but if you dont know if your behind theres no reason to try and get ahead again. lol.

i havent posted a ton lately. i got 4 votes. lol. im not upset in any way though i won last month. and the final grand prize aint announced yet. im not knocking anyone but i had a few picked to be winners because they were top notch and beautiful. they arent even close.
rolleyes.gif

but then again just because one looks the best doesnt necessarly mean the voter liked one of the ingreadients. if one is alergic to something in the really good looking one they prob wont vote for it.

Last edited:
I like the idea of having a blind poll that is made public when voting is completed. It may eliminate doubts of voter authenticity while votes are being cast, if any contestants are soliciting votes this will not allow them to know where they stand till it is over and most of all I think for all the members it would create more of a surprise, look which one won atmosphere! I really can not think of any cons myself to having the polls blind till the throwdown ends?

I'm voting for a "secret ballot"..... No votes shown until after the voting period ends......  

And I'm sticking to it.....  

Dave
i like that idea too dave but then some one will cry for transparency..................aren't we all big boys and girls. i've won a couple of these and my ego sure took a shot when i got 2 measley votes...............and one of them was mine! LMFAO!!!!!

BTW - who ever gave me a vote
thumb1%20copy.gif
 please PM me! (mine was the southwestern yin-yang)

Ultimately, the the Judges for the first prize are trusted moderators of the site whom I believe take the process very seriously.  Hence the winners of the last two Throwdowns who submitted entries with technical difficulty and great execution.  I've got no problem with them awarding the prizes, especially when no one can even taste any of these.  Lets keep it fun and positive!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky