father in law brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

doctor phreak

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 11, 2008
oklahoma city
good morning everyone..
doing a smoke today of a 14# brisket ..looks like a long day....awesome.....here is some b4 pics and i will post some on the way...while i'm doing his brisket i will later puttin on some ribs.....yeah baby....

Long day for sure. It looks real good, what kinda rub you using, looks like it has some mustard in there. Cant wait to see the finished product.

Looks like your on the right track.

AHHHHH the importance of a GOOD father in-law smoke. Just makes life easier
biggrin.gif

tm it is just ol fashion lemon pepper thats all...didn't really do a heavy rub or anything ..my father in law is taking it to a family reunion in arkansas and i didn't want to do or use anything that someone might be allergic to..like spices ....but i really didn't want to smoke it naked..so i used a little bit of lp...

Good luck. Me and my father in law are from different cultures and when I cook southern foods they never go over well. He got mad at me once for marinated the steaks I cooked for my mother in laws birthday. I told him I cooked them the way she liked them and they tasted even better to her cause he was mad. Lol.

Morel of the story, be very careful cooking for in laws.

i luck out my inlaws are really cool been married to their daughter for 14 years and going strong so its great when i can do something for them when i can because they helped me and my wife alot when we first got married

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky