Doing my first brisket today on the Lang wish me luck!!

Discussion in 'Beef' started by murph77, Mar 25, 2012.

1. murph77

murph77 Fire Starter

Its been warm all week here in cny about 75 now the day i wanna cook out its like 45! But true to forma lang is holdin temps well! Heres some pics from last night injectin and getting the meant all rubbed and ready for smoker as well as it at the 2 hr mark.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. shooterrick

shooterrick Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looking good so far my friend.  Check internal at 4 hrs especially since you injected to be sure you are at or over 140F.   Good luck!

3. murph77

murph77 Fire Starter

ALready over 140 143 to be exact as I type where should i be taking the temp from the point obviously i would think or in between point and flat?

4. shooterrick

shooterrick Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Since it seems you are smoking a whole packer I would probe the thickest part and the flat separately.  At some point you may wish to separate them to keep the flat from being over done.  If you can probe both the point and the flat then you are in control of both sections and can pull the flat off leaving the point on longer if you choose. 

5. big sexy

big sexy Smoke Blower

I want to see the rest.  How did it turn out?

6. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

[​IMG]

7. raptor700

raptor700 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

How'd it turn out  [​IMG]

8. jrod62

jrod62 Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

Waiting :drool

9. murph77

murph77 Fire Starter

Hey guys sry had some computer probs but it turned out great so good that I brought in leftovers next day to work and the teacher devoured them and two people actually had me cook 2 briskets for parties they had sunday.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. michael ark

michael ark Master of the Pit

Looks great!Thumbs Up

11. raptor700

raptor700 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

That's some great looking brisket [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Looks good to me.. Always a good thing when people want you to cook for them.. [​IMG]