Creole Shrimp and Seafood Feast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Incredible table! I have no idea how you put that much on the table at one time! Not something I could even attempt to do. Thoroughly impressed! All looks scrumptious. Your skills on display once again.
Kim

Reactions: Buckeyedude
Thanks Carlo. Wish I could afford King! If you like oysters Albertson been getting pretty good ones for .79 cents. My buddy keeps getting them at the Denison store buy 1 get 2 free.
I'll have to keep that in mind. I never messed with oysters directly myself other than eating them. May have to see what the 2 Tom Thumbs near me have going :D

may have been a "hit or miss" cook for you. But, I'd have smashed every plate you put in front of me. All looks good.

Jim

Man!!!!! Let me know the next time you lay thst spread out. I might have to book a flight. Seriously looks amazing.

Mouthwatering work Brian! I have spent the last 4 days in NOLA and your spread could easily challange ANY of them out here! Very well done from my point of view.

Don

Wow Brian!! Fantastic looking meal buddy!! What an amazing spread of food. Had to have been a lot of work but hopefully worth it in the end. Very sorry to hear about the lobster though. That's sad to have dropped that kind of $$ to come away disappointed. Oh well, hopefully the rest of the meal made up for it. Very nice job buddy.

Robert

Wow Brian all of it looks terrific, I'd be one happy camper chowing down at that table.

Point for sure
Chris

We usually buy whole lobsters and steam or boil them. They get pulled out of the pot when the shell turns red.
Lobster rolls are another favorite around my house.

1682074886378.png

WOW Incredible table of awesomeness! Sign me up!

Wow Brian all of it looks terrific, I'd be one happy camper chowing down at that table.

Point for sure
Chris

We usually buy whole lobsters and steam or boil them. They get pulled out of the pot when the shell turns red.

View attachment 663396
Maybe I should try making lobster roll with that last one.

Point for sure
Chris

View attachment 663396
I thinking of making lobster roll with the last one. You have recipe?

I thinking of making lobster roll with the last one. You have recipe?

They're pretty simple.
1)1.25 pound lobster, Steamed is better than boiling but both work well. Cook until the shell turns red. Remove the meat when the lobster is cool to the touch and chill the meat in the fridge. Note: You can also slow the lobster from residual cooking by placing it in a pot of cold water or in the fridge before removing the meat.

2) Break the meat up into largish chunks and place in a bowl.

3) Add about a 1/4 cup of mayo to the lobster and gently fold it together. I like to go a little heavier on the mayo.

4) Season with salt and pepper to taste, and fold into the lobster mix

5) Optional: add about a half stick of finely mined celery.(I don't normally add celery, but will if I want a little crunch), and fold it into the mixture.

6) Add about a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice. Also optional.

7) Serve in a toasted New England hot dog bun. Aka split top rolls

You can add other ingredients if you want. Some folks like to add onion, or cayenne pepper to the mix, but I like to taste the lobster. Also since I think you're only using one tail. You'll have to adjust the mayo and lemon juice. Basically the mayo should just lightly coat the lobster, but like I said I go a little heavier on mayo. The lemon juice is used to brighten up the mix. So you just want to compliment the mix not overpower it.

There ya go, pretty simple and tasty. The most important thing to remember is to not overcook the lobster. Under-cooking a little is better than overcooking.

Chris

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky