Creole Shrimp and Seafood Feast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I been wanting to make this since Keith posted it over his fried catfish. I don't do rice often but when I do I like Jasmine. I got the bright idea to do in the IP. Used my last cup. Lucky I checked on it in a few minutes and all the water was all ready gone and rice stuck to bottom. Guess this to small amount for a 6 qt. Getting ready to head to store and remember buying some instant so just roll with that. Not a fan. Should of went to store. Did not know a Infrared Thermometer wont read Stainless Steel. Was only reading like 150. Poured oil in and lucky did not start on fire! Did a redo. I was surprised how good that shrimp Bouillon is. The creole shrimp part was really good. I cut recipe to a third. I have enough to do his fried catfish still. Next time make more and freeze. Thanks indaswamp indaswamp for recipe and help.

IMG_20230419_141154214_HDR.jpg IMG_20230419_145505579_HDR.jpg IMG_20230419_152859898.jpg

.';.jpg

Here my Seafood from last weekend:

For gulf oysters these where good. Look at all that white fat!

IMG_20230415_124015566.jpg

Got some Dry Scallops from Sam's. Man where these good.

IMG_20230415_132751664_HDR.jpg

Next one of the Lobsters I got from Sam's. Normally I get those small tails and broil them but guess that not the way to go for big one, 11oz. This was terrible! Really tough and not good flavor. Almost inedible. Cooked to 135. Now I got to figure out what to do with that other one.

IMG_20230415_140648325_HDR.jpg IMG_20230415_140810063_HDR.jpg

Next up crab salad. One of the few things I liked about Golden Corral was their crab salad so used a copy cat recipe. This is my Grand Ma's dish. I always think of her when I use it.

IMG_20230415_145826904_HDR.jpg

Now finish off with some crab. The Dungeness crab was good but the snow crab not so much. It was really small and shell was soft. I still have another batch of this also.

IMG_20230415_151929028.jpg

This meal was hit and miss and have enough still froze to do another round.

Last edited:
Brian what can I say? Epic spread. You nailed that shrimp creole. I'll take a gallon please! As far as your lobster goes. Carryover is killer on them and can make them tough quick
20200506_194114.jpg

These are 12oz tails. I cooked to about 120 then let carryover take them to around 130. Perfect and tender.

All around excellent job bud!

Wow! Epic thread! There wasn’t one thing that I wouldn’t crush! That creole shrimp…. Oh man is that beautiful! Looks five star for sure! Great work!!!

Reactions: TNJAKE
I been wanting to make this since Keith posted it over his fried catfish. I don't do rice often but when I do I like Jasmine. I got the bright idea to do in the IP. Used my last cup. Lucky I checked on it in a few minutes and all the water was all ready gone and rice stuck to bottom. Guess this to small amount for a 6 qt. Getting ready to head to store and remember buying some instant so just roll with that. Not a fan. Should of went to store. Did not know a Infrared Thermometer wont read Stainless Steel. Was only reading like 150. Poured oil in and lucky did not start on fire! Did a redo. I was surprised how good that shrimp Bouillon is. The creole shrimp part was really good. I cut recipe to a third. I have enough to do his fried catfish still. Next time make more and freeze. Thanks indaswamp indaswamp for recipe and help.

View attachment 663286View attachment 663287View attachment 663288

View attachment 663290

Here my Seafood from last weekend:

For gulf oysters these where good. Look at all that white fat!

View attachment 663296

Got some Dry Scallops from Sam's. Man where these good.

View attachment 663295

Next one of the Lobsters I got from Sam's. Normally I get those small tails and broil them but guess that not the way to go for big one, 11oz. This was terrible! Really tough and not good flavor. Almost inedible. Cooked to 135. Now I got to figure out what to do with that other one.

View attachment 663294View attachment 663293

Next up crab salad. One of the few things I liked about Golden Corral was their crab salad so used a copy cat recipe. This is my Grand Ma's dish. I always think of her when I use it.

View attachment 663292

Now finish off with some crab. The Dungeness crab was good but the snow crab not so much. It was really small and shell was soft. I still have another batch of this also.

View attachment 663291

This meal was hit and miss and have enough still froze to do another round.
Wow man that's seafood heaven! You will dial in those items you didn't like... except maybe snow crab hahaha.
I am biased against snow crab wasting my time and prefer the big boys :D

Heck yeah Brian! You did a fantastic job with this meal! I need to try the shrimp creole recipe. Looks really good.

Brian what can I say? Epic spread. You nailed that shrimp creole. I'll take a gallon please! As far as your lobster goes. Carryover is killer on them and can make them tough quick. These are 12oz tails. I cooked to about 120 then let carryover take them to around 130. Perfect and tender.
Thanks Jake. Will do that. Boy your steak and lobster looks killer bud.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Wow man that's seafood heaven! You will dial in those items you didn't like... except maybe snow crab hahaha.
I am biased against snow crab wasting my time and prefer the big boys :D
Thanks Carlo. Wish I could afford King! If you like oysters Albertson been getting pretty good ones for .79 cents. My buddy keeps getting them at the Denison store buy 1 get 2 free.

Heck yeah Brian! You did a fantastic job with this meal! I need to try the shrimp creole recipe. Looks really good.
Thanks Steve. I highly suggest making it.

Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky