Shrimp Scampi over Angel Hair, Ratatouille, Crab Stuffed Mushrooms (and really good wine)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Dinner night tonight with my friends....
IMG_20240301_185048.jpg

First thing was to open the red we were to sip while cooking and enjoying the Bruschetta...(really excellent bottle)
IMG_20240301_164654.jpg

I was craving stuffed mushrooms so added those to the menu last minute for an appetizer. Here we go...
Sauteed the veggies down in butter, then added the crab, sherry, and herb.
IMG_20240301_154516.jpg

Cooked for a few minutes, then added the Italian bread crumbs. Stuffed in the mushroom caps, basted with butter, Sherry and white wine and baked 450*F for 15 minutes...
IMG_20240301_164433.jpg

Yum!!

Next, got the ratatouille going.
IMG_20240301_175132.jpg

Once it was simmering, we sat down for the appetizer mushrooms...
IMG_20240301_171951.jpg

Recipe is here:
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/ratatouille-5658876

Served in Au Gratin dishes...We added Parmesan cheese on top at the table.
IMG_20240301_184547.jpg

Now the main course. This cooks super fast. less than 15 minutes. Saute' the shrimp in olive oil with garlic until the shrimp are just pink, then add the herbs...
IMG_20240301_182706.jpg

IMG_20240301_183350.jpg

Add the white wine and lemon juice, finish with butter, adjust seasoning, drain the pasta and plate...
IMG_20240301_184952.jpg

Served the an Italian Inama Soave Classico White Wine.
Vin-Soave-Classico-2014-750ML%2Finama_soave_bottle.jpg

Very good wine. The entire dinner was fantastic!

What a treat for the fortunate attendees, outstanding effort Keith, a masterpiece! RAY

All looks delicious. I just had ratatouille a couple days ago but had it with grilled sausages. We slice up the veggies instead of dicing like you did and stack them horizontally in a dish. Stuffed mushrooms may have to be on the menu here soon.

Oh Lord! Thats pretty awesome!
Thanks Brain!

Wow! Amazing looking meal!!
Thank you Steve!

What a treat for the fortunate attendees, outstanding effort Keith, a masterpiece! RAY
Thanks Ray. Definitely a home run meal.

All of that looks amazing !!
Thanks Jax!

Your friends must've left happy after consuming that spread!
Indeed! Thanks Norm!

How do I get on the friends list!?!?! Holy cow, that is a great looking meal!

Jim
LOL! Thanks Jim. I enjoy really great food, and I like to share it with other who do the same.

All looks delicious. I just had ratatouille a couple days ago but had it with grilled sausages. We slice up the veggies instead of dicing like you did and stack them horizontally in a dish. Stuffed mushrooms may have to be on the menu here soon.
Thanks IIDSI, ratatouille is an underrated dish, but when done right and served when the veggies are just tender....Wow! Total flavor bomb!

Reactions: JLeonard
I love this forum because every post I see as a challenge. Members elevate members. Your ratatouille crushes the best I've ever made. I literally have never felt the need to make the Thomas Keller version until now.

Last edited:
Reactions: indaswamp
Man that looks great, straight to the recliner to complain about how I ate to much, after a meal like that lol. 😂

Looks great Keith, we're having shrimp tomorrow night. Thanks for the idea.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: indaswamp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky