Crazy; for the Challenge!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lizard55033

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 28, 2013
twin cities,mn
Well at the End of August I'm doing my biggest; and most important smoke job to date.

I've gone off the deep end; and I'm catering my own Wedding Sept 1.

Planning for around 200 peoples; and making about 80# Pulled Pork; 20 Racks of Ribs; 2 Turkey Roaster (crock pot style) with Baked Beans; 66# Potato Salad; and 50 # Cole Slaw

Menu:
Pulled Pork
Baby back Ribs
Mild and Spicy Beans
Potato Salad
Cole Slaw

Process will start:
-Tuesday night before the wedding of injecting all the butts and tossing them back in the fridge.
-Wednesday night after work put rub on all the butts; back in the fridge.
-Thursday early AM fire up the Smoker and let the waiting game begin. Should be an all day smoke job. About 10 hours or so for the Butts; then another 4 hours or so for the Ribs.

While butts are getting cooked; prep and season the ribs.

I done did lost my marbles; but saving about $3000 doing it myself

Well:
A. Congrats on the wedding.
B. have you got a big enough smoker?
C. if you can you should do two seperate smokers :)

Good luck warrior.

Best wishes to you and yours..
You sure did take on a task.. haha I hope it all goes ok. You need a couple helpers to pull it off maybe.. I'm sure a few people would love to take care of some of the details to save time.
Hope you all enjoy the moment and the food!

Congratulations on the wedding, and good luck with that cook. My only suggestion would be to make the PP a week or so in advance and vacuum seal. Reheated PP tastes just as good as freshly pulled if not better.

When you get time let us know how it turns out.

Chris

Congrats on your upcoming marriage!
This will be something you can talk about for years.
Catering your own wedding with BBQ!
It doesn't get any better than that!!!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky