Having to re-learn the same lesson 'cause of CRS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great, it's rare I go there these days, had a rack of Lamb there 1 time that was great, a year or 4 went back with same in laws and brother-in-law said he remembered the rack I got and ordered it, came all cut apart lol. the Blooming onion is about the only thing I like there and I have a cutter to do them at home. It's hard for the wife to drag me out to eat these days lol.

Reactions: schlotz
What a meal!!!
I go to Outback once a year, my wife gets gift cards from her work so it's free.
I order my ribeye exactly like this, "med rare, half the seasoning and no butter bath". It drives my wife crazy, and the food server always gives me a funny look, it actually tastes like steak, if it comes out as ordered I'll leave an extra $5 or $10 depending on how we were treated.

But I much rather she got gift cards to your house, that looks absolutely KILL'ER!!!

I do have a question for you though, what's in the Ball Jar?
I keep pepper vinegar in an old Blanton's bottle on our table, and was curious as too what you have there.

Great meal, I love the shrooms with steak and the blue cheese out the grass, nice touch!!!

Dan

Hey Dan, thanks for the comment! In the jar is our homemade french dressing. Added to blue cheese on a salad, it's a killer combination.

Looks great, it's rare I go there these days, had a rack of Lamb there 1 time that was great, a year or 4 went back with same in laws and brother-in-law said he remembered the rack I got and ordered it, came all cut apart lol. the Blooming onion is about the only thing I like there and I have a cutter to do them at home. It's hard for the wife to drag me out to eat these days lol.

Yeah, same here. We have a few places we still frequent but most of the time the best dinners, by far, come from our own hands.

That looks like perfection! My wife doesn’t like steak much (must be a genetic disorder - I just dont get it.), so when I am solo - I make almost that exact meal. Kinda want her to take a trip soon so I can whip up a steak….good thiNG she doesn’t read this forum.

You know, I got started smoking meats and cooking as a COVID hobby when everything shut down. You guys have about totally ruined me on eating out. The skills I have developed from learning from y'all has really elevated my cooking. And now when I go out i'm thinking.."I could do better and cheaper at home!"
Now onto your plate.....That I would pay top dollar for! Great looking meal!

Jim
Same thing here. Now I only go out to eat for things I can't make better at home or when I am traveling. It is mostly Asian or Cajun/Creole food or high end restaurants. Many of my friends who I would go out to dinner with generally invite me over for dinner so I can bring the bbq. Can't count how many times I suggest my gf that we go out for dinner and she says lets stay in and bring your meat.

Same thing here. Now I only go out to eat for things I can't make better at home or when I am traveling. It is mostly Asian or Cajun/Creole food or high end restaurants. Many of my friends who I would go out to dinner with generally invite me over for dinner so I can bring the bbq. Can't count how many times I suggest my gf that we go out for dinner and she says lets stay in and bring your meat.
this has been the case at our house a long time as well.

Reactions: JLeonard
That looks like perfection! My wife doesn’t like steak much (must be a genetic disorder - I just dont get it.), so when I am solo - I make almost that exact meal. Kinda want her to take a trip soon so I can whip up a steak….good thiNG she doesn’t read this forum.
Thanks David. Yeah never really enjoy having dinner by myself but in a pinch things can get pretty good. Add a decent movie with a bit more wine and it's a nice relaxing evening.

Reactions: sandyut
Hey Dan, thanks for the comment! In the jar is our homemade french dressing. Added to blue cheese on a salad, it's a killer combination.

Yeah, same here. We have a few places we still frequent but most of the time the best dinners, by far, come from our own hands.
Yum, sounds great, do you use a recipe or do you wing it?
I'm guilty of just winging it, I rarely stick to recipes, even when canning and baking or making pizza dough.

I love French dressing if you have a recipe can you post it please.

Thank you.
Dan

Reactions: schlotz
Yum, sounds great, do you use a recipe or do you wing it?
I'm guilty of just winging it, I rarely stick to recipes, even when canning and baking or making pizza dough.

I love French dressing if you have a recipe can you post it please.

Thank you.
Dan
Here is the recipe:

French Dressing

Ingredients:

1 1/2 tsp Sugar (I use less these days)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup light olive oil
5 oz tomato sauce

Directions:

Add all ingredients into a medium ball jar. Close lid and shake vigorously to dissolve and mix completely.

Notes:

Serve with crumbled blue cheese

• Love
Reactions: forktender
Here is the recipe:

French Dressing

Ingredients:

1 1/2 tsp Sugar (I use less these days)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup light olive oil
5 oz tomato sauce

Directions:

Add all ingredients into a medium ball jar. Close lid and shake vigorously to dissolve and mix completely.

Notes:

Serve with crumbled blue cheese
Awesome, thank you, I'm making this for sure.

Thank you.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky