Want to host a "tri-athalon" foosball, billiards and darts tournament...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pit 4 brains

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 16, 2009
Summerville, SC
Just wondering if anyone out there knows how to set up a tournament. I have a nice foosball table, a pool table and a nice regulation dart board. I was thinking of having the guys and wives at the house for some games, beverages and of course, BBQ. My thought is to have a sign up for best foosball team, 9 ball player and dart tosser along with best beans, cole slaw, or BBQ comp in a pot luck style. I have never attempted to pull something off like this but I think it could be alot of fun. Anyone experienced with setting up comps? I may think about doing this for the Superbowl..
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Pete

Sounds fun. For the bbq comp portion I think you need to pick something with a shorter cook time to leave time for the games. I'd do chicken and /or ribs and an appetizer per person or team. . I,'d likey make the side(s) myself. Something simple like slaw and beans. That's all I got for now......

That sounds fun
Hey Brian! Been a while.. I think it should be a good time.. I maybe just going with some simple brackets on a white board.
Sounds fun. For the bbq comp portion I think you need to pick something with a shorter cook time to leave time for the games. I'd do chicken and /or ribs and an appetizer per person or team. . I,'d likey make the side(s) myself. Something simple like slaw and beans. That's all I got for now......
This is why I was thinking of the pot luck deal. Bring your ribs, wings, etc. I'll have my WSMs churning out some ribs and the kettle ready for wings, depending on RSVPs, weather provided.
You supplying the smokers and meat? Make some sort of sign to place on dart board... throw darts at it to decide what protein you get to smoke.
Nope. Pot luck style.
I'm not so worried about the food, but I'm more about forming a three game tournament.

Foosball - That's how a friend of mine and I used to pay for our drinking on Friday and Saturday nights. We'd bet a beer each per game. After a few wins we'd have to go to a different bar.

Chris

For what it's worth, this is my front room..
20240115_214254.jpg
20240115_214125.jpg
20240115_213739.jpg

I replaced the the rods and the bearings on the foosball table. The pool table is a Connely that the previous homeowner left. I gave him a grand for it.

I used to rule the foosball table in the Corps and now my sons make me look like a fool. I still dominate the pool table though.

Last edited:
This sounds like a really fun day. In order for it to be a competition, what’s the prize for winning?
Well my thought was it would be just a bragging right thing.
Non the matter. Most everyone besides my neighbor has other plans. Less for me to deal with and I have to work Monday morning anyhow. We'll have a good time no matter what.

Reactions: SmokeRing0909
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.