Brisket on the SmokeFire

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That looks absolutely amazing!! The whole meal is fantastic but that brisket is off the charts. Extremely well done right there!!

Robert

Reactions: chopsaw
Can't get any better than that! That looks excellent and I'd dive into a plate for sure. Good work!
Thank you Ringer .
Very nice Chop!

Very nice color on it!
Thanks Civil . I've had that grill since last July . I've taken my time to learn it in stages . I went from not sure , to I couldn't be without it .
Looks excellant!
Thank you sir . Appreciate that .

Reactions: civilsmoker
That is what a brisket should look like Rich!
I sure would be proud of that!
Thanks Al . I didn't plan on posting because I've done 2 threads recently , but I came out so good and maybe someone will take away a couple tips .
Oh , and I'm with you on the eggs . Those came out on top too . First time for no green yolks . Lol .
That looks awesome! The whole meal does!
Ryan , lets see the GMG in action bud .
Thanks for looking and the comment .
What a great looking meal Rich! Points for sure
Thank you Matt , I really appreciate that . You know I read over you're brisket info several times when I did the first one .

Reactions: schlotz
Agreed, and you've got this old schooler thinking more about plug in cookers.
Yeah , I know . Never thought I would have a pellet grill . It really does a great job .
Thanks for lookin bud .
Now that looks real good! Killer smoke ring too!
It puts a good smoke ring on stuff . I think bumping the temp slowly helps with that . The SmokeFire has a slow trickle of pellets anyway . Seems to have a good showing of smoke , even at higher temps .
Thanks for the comments .
That looks absolutely amazing!! The whole meal is fantastic but that brisket is off the charts. Extremely well done right there!!
Thanks Robert . I had other sides , but decided to save them for round 2 tonight .
Rich I like all of that the Brisket is beautiful smoke ring nice job
Thanks Richie . I was thinking a couple slices of that ham you did and a couple slices of brisket piled together on a bun would make some good eats bud .

Last edited:
I think that all of the superlatives have been used Rich.

That's what I get for being late to the party.

Great looking chow. That is an impressive smoke ring.

POINT

Wow! Perfect brisket, you really can’t beat that! What a smoke ring🤩 !!!! The whole meal is killer, congrats on a well deserved ride!

Looks perfect Rich! Cooked perfectly and that smokering excellent.
Nice plate shot too. Great job.

Reactions: one eyed jack
Phenomenal cook Rich! I’d take a few slices of that brisky any day… and some of them eggs! Yum!
Appreciate that comment .
When an owner of the SF gets dialed in to the grill, wonderful things happen. Briskets on the Smokefire come out looking like pit bbq
That's the truth . Ribs too . Thanks for lookin .
That is absolutely deserving of the carousel Chop. Beautiful brisket and the only sides needed.
Double like . . .
Double thank you .
Wow! Perfect brisket, you really can’t beat that! What a smoke ring🤩 !!!! The whole meal is killer, congrats on a well deserved ride!
Thanks Jed .
Looks good enough to get me drooling, Rich! Nicely done!
Had round 2 last night for supper . Reheated in the SV . Melt in your mouth tender .
Thanks for the comment Doug .
Looks perfect Rich! Cooked perfectly and that smoke ring excellent.
Thanks Mike . The oven finish is part of the plan . That's the third one that finished on time . Short rest on the counter .
Congrats on the ride Rich, well deserved!
Thanks Ray .
Very, very nice Rich and that smoke ring...simply fantastic...
Thanks Charles . Appreciate that .
That is thing of beauty Rich. Nice job Bud.
Thanks Brian .

I bought a 13 pound brisket early last week to grind . Went back on my normal day to check prices ( Gordon's food service ) they had 3 or 4 small briskets at $3.75 a pound so I grabbed one .
Trimmed out at 5 1/2 pounds . It's really flexible to start , so that's good .
I mixed up an injection of 1 cup unsalted vegetable stock , 3 tsp powdered beef base , a couple spoons of roasted garlic puree and 4 grams of stpp fo the 5 pounds of meat .
I pumped it full , and coated it with Canadian steak seasoning . Wrapped in plastic , then over night in the fridge .
I put some mesquite pellets in the SmokeFire and set it to 225 .
Got the brisket out to heat up while I got the grill ready .
Here it is trimmed up . Nice clean piece of meat .
View attachment 629632
Next morning warming up on the counter . The flat had a pretty thin edge on it .
I normally trim that off , but decided to use it as a buffer , and left it on .
View attachment 629633
After the SmokeFire runs at 225 , I set it to smoke boost . Temp outside was
in the low 40's . So the chamber temp was 180 . On hot days it stays around 200 .
I ran it in boost for 3 or 4 hours .
Opened it up to add the therms .
View attachment 629635
From that point I stop looking . I bump temps up over the cook time . I like that it comes up slow .
I think it helps the smoke flavor and color of the meat . So I went from 180 , up to 275 over the next several hours .
25 degrees at a time . I do have to even out the pellets in the hopper . Not a problem . I keep an eye on all my cooks .
So a couple hours before I want to eat it was at 175 ish .
Shut the SmokeFire down and bring the brisket in the house to wrap .
View attachment 629639
Set the oven to 350 . Add the brisket wrapped in pink paper , and watch the internal temp .
When it starts walking up , I turn the heat down and open the door . That slow the cooking to a steady rise .
This went about 2 1/2 hours at 325 .
Out of the oven , and paper removed . Smells good .
View attachment 629641
The point is like butter , but the flat still has some resistance . The thin part is over done .
That's OK , I knew it would be .
I put plastic wrap over it and a towel . I just let it ride on the counter .
View attachment 629642
View attachment 629643
Temp was down to 170 or so . Take the towel off . As the meat cools down it sucks the plastic up tight .
Draws some moisture back in .
View attachment 629644
View attachment 629645
First couple slices were dry and just at a crumble stage .
View attachment 629646
Couple more slices in ,, my goodness . It's perfect .
View attachment 629647
View attachment 629648
My Daughter walked into the kitchen . Said she could smell it from her room , and grabbed a plate .
I used a fork to get her some slices .
View attachment 629650
It just perfect . I'm gonna eat my fill just standing at the cutting board .
View attachment 629652
Got me a few slices ( I all ready had 6 or 7 ) and dipped them in the juice on the tray .
View attachment 629653
I had a whole spread , but just did eggs and the beans on my plate .
Fancy picture or slopped on , it all taste the same .
The brisket was just perfect , and the SmokeFire does a fantastic job .
View attachment 629654
The beans were doctored up from a can .
The eggs were horseradish , Duke's mayo and yellow mustard .
Pot covered with water . Comes to a boil , lid on and heat off .
Set timer for 15 minutes . Then rinse in cold water and peel when cool enough to handle .
View attachment 629634
View attachment 629636
View attachment 629637
View attachment 629638
Can't wait to do leftovers for tonight's supper . Pretty sure the eggs won't last that long .
Thanks for lookin.
looks amazing!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky