Bacon Potato Dome ( bacon wrapped scalloped potatoes ) lots of pictures

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Worked out really well! I got an awesome supper and she got a really nice curio cabinet or display case... whichever ya wanna call it!

Ryan

Reactions: DRKsmoking
I'd never been to this auction so decided to waste a Sunday afternoon... either that or stay home and work. Didn't intend to buy anything but good thing I took the truck. Saw this and thought my wife would like it

20210822_200546.jpg

She did!

Ryan

Thanks
Meat Man Matt Meat Man Matt

for the like

David
Maybe we should be petitioning the moderator to add a "love it" button, because "like" just doesn't do it!
It's a shame that the wife and I are on a super low carb diet right now, or I would have already given this a shot. But this is one I won't be forgetting anytime soon. My dad makes some pretty great scalloped potatoes, and who doesn't love bacon?!
Maybe in a little while, once the diet is finished, I'll find a way to combine dad's recipe and yours.
Even as I type this, I'm thinking that the breakfast pizza we make at our house would be great this way, hashbrowns in smaller dishes, even a pot pie would be awesome with this dome idea!

Thanks for the inspiration!

• Love
I'd never been to this auction so decided to waste a Sunday afternoon... either that or stay home and work. Didn't intend to buy anything but good thing I took the truck. Saw this and thought my wife would like it

View attachment 508984

She did!

Ryan

Nice cabinet, I can see that would get filled up here with no problem.
And yes it must have been a good day for you both.

David

Maybe we should be petitioning the moderator to add a "love it" button, because "like" just doesn't do it!
It's a shame that the wife and I are on a super low carb diet right now, or I would have already given this a shot. But this is one I won't be forgetting anytime soon. My dad makes some pretty great scalloped potatoes, and who doesn't love bacon?!
Maybe in a little while, once the diet is finished, I'll find a way to combine dad's recipe and yours.
Even as I type this, I'm thinking that the breakfast pizza we make at our house would be great this way, hashbrowns in smaller dishes, even a pot pie would be awesome with this dome idea!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Thanks Matt for the kind words. That is what I did also. I made it my way of thinking with my scalloped potatoes
in the sauce I like instead of the heavy cream. And the ideas are endless to what you can build them with. As long
as it is not too wet , or it will not stand when you flip it.

David

Been half way around the globe a few times, seen a lotta things. That I have never seen. Top shelf ingenuity!!

I ignored this thread because I've gotten soo tired of these bacon covered things. I've tried a few. And hated the over greasy effect of the bacon. But, I'm happy I decided to check this out after all. Big like!

I ignored this thread because I've gotten soo tired of these bacon covered things. I've tried a few. And hated the over greasy effect of the bacon. But, I'm happy I decided to check this out after all. Big like!

AWWWW Steve you hurt my feelings... lol , just kidding, all good

Thanks for the like and the comment

It was very surprising not greasy at all, even with the cooked bacon I put inside, maybe the potatoes soaked it up.
But did not taste fatty. Thanks for looking
PS ; it was not a lot of bacon for that big of a dish. and for the last 15 minutes it is flipped upside down to crisp up the bacon, so if there was ( there wasn't ) it would run out
David

Reactions: Steve H
Try a meatier bacon Steve to cut back up n the grease

Peachey, like I mentioned in the reply to Steve H it really was not greasy at all, it was not a lot of bacon for that big of a dish. and for the last 15 minutes it is flipped upside down to crisp up the bacon, so if there was ( there wasn't ) it would run out

David

PS: like you told Steve H more meat is always better,

Last edited:
Peachey, like I mentioned in the reply to Steve H it really was not greasy at all, it was not a lot of bacon for that big of a dish. and for the last 15 minutes it is flipped upside down to crisp up the bacon, so if there was ( there wasn't ) it would run out

David

PS: like you told Steve H more meat is always better,
Thank you for the inspiration!

Thank you for the inspiration!

Thanks whistlepig for the comment,

that's what this place is all all about, at least for me
everyone here is so very helpful, with questions that I have on smoking and curing
and everything else . all the dos and don'ts etc

I love seeing other people's smokes/cooks and either trying to do the way they have said
that they have done it , or change to an idea that it would work with something else

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky