Bacon Potato Dome ( bacon wrapped scalloped potatoes ) lots of pictures

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
David, reading your above post, about the bacon liquid penetrating the potatoes made me think - cover the complete bacon layer next to the potato layer with about a 1/2 tsp of liquid smoke. The liquid smoke is spread across the bacon dome joining with the bacon fats and spices entering the other layers when heated🍻
John

David, reading your above post, about the bacon liquid penetrating the potatoes made me think - cover the complete bacon layer next to the potato layer with about a 1/2 tsp of liquid smoke. The liquid smoke is spread across the bacon dome joining with the bacon fats and spices entering the other layers when heated🍻
John

Hi John,
I have never used liquid smoke before . Seen it lots, just not tried. The bacon was Hickory flavored , plus I chopped and fried some bacon and spread it inside the layers
so it had more flavor than I thought it would.

But that is a good idea on adding more smoke flavor to the dome, food for thought..... get it

Thanks John

David

Just thinking out side the box. Wonder if you made it in a colander how that would work in a smoker?

Warren

Hi Warren, that's what I like to try to do also.... Thinking outside the box, thats is a good idea . But not trying to say no , it would get some smoke into the dome , but would I lose too much of the moisture ( grease ) from the holes and than it might be to dry.
Don't stop as I am open to any suggestions :emoji_grin: :emoji_grin:

David

Wow now that is one hell of ua potato ball..I got to try this one out ASAP
+1 for likes on this idea...

Very tasty indeed! My wife made this last Sunday when I was gone to an auction. While it didn't turn out as pretty as yours it was still good! My wife text me and said she screwed up... she shredded the taters out of habit the way she normally does when she makes scalloped potatoes instead of slicing them!

20210822_203559.jpg

I only had three helpings the first night!

Ryan

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Very tasty indeed! My wife made this last Sunday when I was gone to an auction. While it didn't turn out as pretty as yours it was still good! My wife text me and said she screwed up... she shredded the taters out of habit the way she normally does when she makes scalloped potatoes instead of slicing them!

View attachment 508975

I only had three helpings the first night!

Ryan

Ryan , looks good. And yes it mine was and yours looks real tasty. Tell your wife if you can eat it . It's not a screw up.

But the good thing is Practice makes perfect.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky