14 hour Brisket with plenty o' pics.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

worm304

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 12, 2016
This was my second packer attempted. I was a little bummed as it was over and my slices didn't hold together as well as I wanted. Goes to show you that temp temp is not the way to determine when a brisket is done. Overall I was pleased. The burnt ends were money.
1 rubbed.jpg

15lb. prime packer from Costco. I am still working on my trimming skills. Rubbed with my beef rub. Nothing fancy but I do like a little raw sugar in my beef rub. I have never been a fan of just salt and pepper. I injected the night before with beef broth and a little worsch. rubbed Saturday morning, wrapped, and fridge.

1 get ready.jpg

I had to take over the patio of my town home. We never utilized it anyway. It is now my "smoking deck". Oak and Hickory at 235. Started at 10:30 pm. Saturday night.

1 woke up.jpg

Woke up at 8 a.m. to see the digiq rocking 235. I let it ride. No wrapping for this one. I threw some of the trimmings on just because.

1 before rest.jpg

Here she is ready for double foil, towel and cooler for 2 hours. It was done around 2:30 p.m Sunday. Temp maxed out around 195 but toothpick told me it was done.

1 slice.jpg

This is the best bark I've had on any cut of meat so far. I should have trimmed a little more fat before hand but live and learn. More pics below.

That's a great looking brisket.

Point for sure.

Chris

Like the brisket. Like your smoker and bbq guru.
Thanks! I am slowly but surely adding mods. I put a gasket on the door and casters on the base so it can roll.
Below is the link to the ones I used. I think my next step is to gasket where the lid sits on the body. For some reason I didn't buy the kit for the door and lid. I would like to get the hinge for the lid but don't have the extra cash at the moment.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky