SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › Anyone use Curley's Seasoning?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone use Curley's Seasoning?

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

I was directed to Curley's Sausage Kitchen online by a friend.  He highly recommended them.  Has anyone else used their seasoning?  I was thinking of getting the venison bacon and the summer sausage seasoning.  Any thoughts?

 

Bigfish

post #2 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfish98 View Post

I was directed to Curley's Sausage Kitchen online by a friend.  He highly recommended them.  Has anyone else used their seasoning?  I was thinking of getting the venison bacon and the summer sausage seasoning.  Any thoughts?

 

Bigfish


Yes i have used his seasoning. Pretty decent

post #3 of 10

I made 75 pounds of his venison bacon this spring....it's all gone. Great product, and super customer service. I just ordered their summer sausage mix (usually I use Leggs with some extra stuff) so I cannot comment on that., Also, the Codys snack stick mix makes good meat sticks (only did 25# of those, but am out now as well).

post #4 of 10

The Venison Bacon is great and we have made 100's of lbs of it over the years.  Haven't tried the summer sausage though.  The Hot Dog, Ring Bologna, Cotto Salami, Andouille, Southern Style, and Porketta are all liked by our friends and family. 

post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatonka3A2 View Post

The Venison Bacon is great and we have made 100's of lbs of it over the years.  Haven't tried the summer sausage though.  The Hot Dog, Ring Bologna, Cotto Salami, Andouille, Southern Style, and Porketta are all liked by our friends and family. 


I bought some of the venison bacon mix .... how do you make yours - shape, stuff, etc?

post #6 of 10

When I make it I mix it as per instructions then I get some tin foil cake pans 1 inch deep. Line the pans with wax paper an press the meat level in the pans with your hands. Put in the fridge over night. In the morning tip the pans upside down on a small mesh rack. I use cake cooling racks. Put in the smoker and smoke. When internal temp is 155 you are done. Let cool in fridge overnight. Slice and package in the morning.

post #7 of 10

Curleys does a great job, has a good varity. The ground and formed bacon is GREAT! Highly recomend it.

post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by skhunter View Post

When I make it I mix it as per instructions then I get some tin foil cake pans 1 inch deep. Line the pans with wax paper an press the meat level in the pans with your hands. Put in the fridge over night. In the morning tip the pans upside down on a small mesh rack. I use cake cooling racks. Put in the smoker and smoke. When internal temp is 155 you are done. Let cool in fridge overnight. Slice and package in the morning.


Thanks ... will try that.

post #9 of 10
Thread Starter 

You know, there are times that I wish I hadn't had my gastric bypass surgery a month ago.  Making 25 pounds of sausage before that was no big deal.  Now it lasts forever!  I think I will just have to send sausage for christmas presents this year!!  On the bright side, I am down 50 pounds from what i was when I decided to have surgery so I think it is for the best!

 

Bigfish

post #10 of 10

I have tried both seasonings (and many others). All of Curley's seasonings are excellent. When making the bacon, use the same amount of pork to Venison. When you order seasonings from Curley, you will get the recipe to make the product.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sausage
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › Anyone use Curley's Seasoning?