Yoder YS640S Smoke Stack & Storage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

okauto

Original poster
Mar 27, 2020
I just installed an extended exhaust system for my YS640S to keep the smoke from discoloring my house. Very simple to disassemble to reinstall the altered rain cover. It takes less than a minute. Picture is included here.

I am also interested in solutions for storage on the standard cart bottom shelf. I currently have just stacked the direct fire grates, griddle, and several accessories. I would like something enclosed that would fit underneath and keep the weather off. Any solutions would be appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• Yoder Stack 1 Small.jpg
    Yoder Stack 1 Small.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 190
  • Yoder Stack 2 Small.jpg
    Yoder Stack 2 Small.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 195
Well, I imagine that any type of storage tub large enough to contain your desired items that fits under the unit would be fine.

I have a question - if this exhaust system is so easy to take down, why did you cut a big, gapeing hole in the factory cover, instead of just pulling the pipe and turning the chimney down? You have to take the pipe off to take the cover off anyway, right?

Well, I imagine that any type of storage tub large enough to contain your desired items that fits under the unit would be fine.

I have a question - if this exhaust system is so easy to take down, why did you cut a big, gapeing hole in the factory cover, instead of just pulling the pipe and turning the chimney down? You have to take the pipe off to take the cover off anyway, right?
I just installed an extended exhaust system for my YS640S to keep the smoke from discoloring my house. Very simple to disassemble to reinstall the altered rain cover. It takes less than a minute. Picture is included here.

I am also interested in solutions for storage on the standard cart bottom shelf. I currently have just stacked the direct fire grates, griddle, and several accessories. I would like something enclosed that would fit underneath and keep the weather off. Any solutions would be appreciated.
Thanks

Good point, but I didn't like the look of the vertical pipes just hanging down unsupported when I wasn't using it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky