Yet Another New Fatty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Nov 18, 2006
Connecticut
I love breakfast omlettes, biscuits and fattys so I thought I'd combine the best of both worlds.

This omeltte fatty consists of 2 Jimmy Dean hot fattys topped with cheedar cheese, chopped onion, chopped red pepper, chopped green pepper, chopped mushrooms and eggs rolled in a log and smoked. Once cooled I made a batch of baking powder biscuit dough androlled it out thin, sliced the fatty and wrapped the dough around the fatty and baked. Awsome!

Presenting The biscuit omlette Fatty ...
bc32e940_vbattach14172.jpg

6d3224e4_vbattach14171.jpg

826c9f58_vbattach14169.jpg

334cd39d_vbattach14170.jpg

Debi, you're killing me!

THAT looks and sounds delicious!

Question..do they hold up for a bit? If I made a batch could I refrigerate or freeze them fo use over several days? Only me here to eat them!

Thanks again!

Cheers!

Monty -

I'm not sure how long they'd last just made them tonight. Maybe if you vacuum sealed them the biscuit wouldn't break apart? I've never frozen biscuits they never last more than a few days. I only got 12 out of 2 fattys and the slice fatty was a normal 1-1/2" slice. One fatty would give you six I ate two all by myself! There only about 3/4 the size of a hotdog. I'd think they last a few days anyway maybe longer if wrapped tight.

Richard -

I delibrerately put the eggs towards the middle and broke them just before rolling. The cheese and other stuff kept them in place pretty well. Almost no leakage during the roll or smoke.

Monty -

I just remebered I saw frozen biscuits at the market once so maybe you can freeze them?

Well, I could do without the peppers
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif

Actually they do not like me.
Do you have yard birds Debi or buy the eggs at the store. That idea looks interesting with the eggs. I get fresh eggs everyday and might give that idea a try.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Flash -

No I live "the city limits" no "barn yard animals" allowed. My first job (between 12 and 16) was on a chicken farm - hated it but it was 50 cents an hour!

Gypsy -

The egs did fine they cooked up nice see the whites? You have to roll very slowly and carefully though.

Lisa -

-----------> (===) here it comes!

I like the way you think Debi, that's a creative mind at work there! I'm so hungry now I knew I should have ate breakfast this morning
mad.gif
Keep coming up with more stuff so I don't have to think as hard
icon_mrgreen.gif

Oh my gosh! That is very awsome looking and wonderful idea. Great Job! Is it Friday yet?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky