Yellow BBQ Sauce that has coffee flavor?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 1, 2019
Southeast Mississippi
A few years ago I was working in Bozeman , Montana. What a beautiful town. Anyway we found a BBQ joint about 10 miles out of town that the locals told us about. We went and it was great. No frills just great pork ribs. The best thing was their Yellowish BBQ sauce that had a fairly strong hint of coffee flavor. You noticed it right off and it was awesome! I think they used Cattleman's Gold sauce and added other things to the sauce. From what I was told the sauce is what brought customers through the door. Does anyone have a recipe for this. Just curious.

Found this recipe
Ingredients
2 cups yellow mustard

3/4 cup light brown sugar

1/4 cup strong brewed coffee

2 tablespoons honey

1 tablespoon unsulphured molasses

1 tablespoon liquid smoke (optional)

2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce

2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce

How to Make It

In a medium saucepan, combine all of the ingredients and bring to a simmer over moderate heat. Stir well and remove from the heat. Let cool to room temperature, then spoon into a glass jar and refrigerate until ready to use.

Found this recipe
Ingredients
2 cups yellow mustard

2 tablespoons honey

How to Make It

In a medium saucepan, combine all of the ingredients and bring to a simmer over moderate heat. Stir well and remove from the heat. Let cool to room temperature, then spoon into a glass jar and refrigerate until ready to use.
Don't know if it is close but it sounds good and I will make it today or tomorrow. It gives me something to start with. Thanks so much.

Reactions: jcam222
Found this recipe
Ingredients
2 cups yellow mustard

2 tablespoons honey

How to Make It

Just made some up according to the recipe. Way way WAY to much mustard. However, now have something to work with. The ingredients seem right. I'm going to get some Cattleman's Gold and start tinkering with the added ingredients. I think I can duplicate the recipe with the Cattleman's sauce and tinkering with less or more of the other ingredients.

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky