WSM Update

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ssb

Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
Had the 22.5 WSM for about a month and smoked Beef Ribs, BB Ribs, couple of pork shoulders.  I have to admit, at first I was a little disappointed with the temp control, always running hot.  But after the 3rd smoke it all clicked and couldn't be easier.  Yesterday I smoked a boston butt, dutchs baked beans, and a bunch of ABT(sorry no pics) and couldn't have been easier.  with top vent always 100% open and all 3 bottom closed its a steady 203.  with all 3 bottom vents 100% open its in the mid 300s.  After having a chargriller side fire box, this thing is like cheating.  And most important, the results have been great.  I'm a newbie to smoking, and this thing/and this website makes me look like i know what I'm doing.     WSM is a Great product

I have a WSM myself and love it.  These things make smoking about as easy as it's going to get without hooking up gas or electricity.

Try the BBQ Guru pit controler, you can dial in any temp for the WSM and the food, then sit back untill your food is done. Works like magic

LOL... I did the same thing you did, moved from a Char-griller to the WSM. At first I almost felt guilty at how easy the WSM was to use compared to the Char-griller. I was also so used to checking my smoker every hour that I had to learn to NOT check the smoker... lol. Now I have no qualms about tossing a brisket on at 2:00 AM, going to bed till about 8:00 AM - no worries, wake up and its right where I left it, dead on 210°.
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

Am looking forward to the rainy windy weather to really give it a test this winter.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky