• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

WSM On its way!

maloff28

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 21, 2011
Just ordered a 22.5 WSM. Should be here Friday! Can't wait! The MES 40 got me started three years ago and I have enjoyed everything a bout it, except it tripping the GFI constantly and its more recent habit of setting the chips on fire and filling with nasty grey smoke. I used a friends weber and I am sold! Looking forward to smoke rings and chickens (which were always rubbery in the MES), and more great Q!

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Great investment. I think you will love it.

hagisan

Meat Mopper
Joined Jul 5, 2011
I love my WSM and await the CFO's approval for another.  You'll be putting out some great BBQ.

maloff28

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 21, 2011
Told my wife I ordered it, she said "Good For You!"  I just about fell over... she must be more addicted to BBQ than I thought!

Anyone have suggestions for a cover?  I didn't see a WSM specific cover on the weber site.  Do you just use the Weber 22.5 grill cover?

chiefp

Fire Starter
Joined Sep 25, 2012
I'll be adding one to my line up soon too. Is it just me, or is there NO WHERE to get these on sale? lol

bama bbq

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 24, 2011

Told my wife I ordered it, she said "Good For You!"  I just about fell over... she must be more addicted to BBQ than I thought!

Anyone have suggestions for a cover?  I didn't see a WSM specific cover on the weber site.  Do you just use the Weber 22.5 grill cover?
The cover will come with it.

BTW -- you're gonna love this thing.  ...and you cannot beat the world class Weber Customer Service.  There's a huge following on the 'net.

The first few cooks it will run hot.  I recommend chicken, turkey, pork butt, chuckie, etc that is not so heat sensitive.  You'll want to run 300+ for chicken to get the crispy skin you're looking for.

Last edited:

maloff28

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 21, 2011
Thanks for the suggestions/advice Bama BBQ. I can't wait. I was reading the chickens are good for seasoning the smoker as well due to the high fat content.

matthewstultz

Fire Starter
Joined May 9, 2012
I am currently fighting with Masterbuilt about my MES 40.  They were going to send me a new shell but I have been completely dropped by customer service.  Anyway, thanks for the post.  This may give me the reason to save some $$$ and pull the trigger on a new WSM!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.