Work Sharp Elec. Knife Sharpener ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
There is a place near where i live called Smokey Mountain Knife Works and they were demoing these so i gave them my knife to sharpen (it is made of D2 tool steel it is very tough stuff) so the rep sharpened my knife and told me to be very careful it is very sharp so i took it and it shaved the hair on my arm with ease... so i bought one that day. i love it, i sharpen every kind of knife or blade with it and I'm pretty sure it comes with a couple of belts each of 80 grit 200 & 5000 the 200 and 5000 is what to sharpen knives with and the 80 for pretty much anything you could use a belt sander for in all very nice product i highly recommend it 

Thank you that is what I wanted to hear.

Richie

That baby just went into my Christmas Wish List.... I suppose I will "regularly" have to sharpen Brides knives, "if and when" it gets here....

That baby just went into my Christmas Wish List.... I suppose I will "regularly" have to sharpen Brides knives, "if and when" it gets here....
That is the #1 reason I am getting it.Wife uses my knives 

Richie

Them are great from what I here, BUT have you seen these, with S/S Replacement blades, I pack these during hunting season and talked to one Fish and game officer that swears by them. I also use them in my sausage making, been thinking about carrying the Havalon for a pocket knife. 

I have both the outdoor edge one is way easier to change. and no more sharpening at all and replacement blades are fairly cheap 

http://www.outdooredge.com/Razor-Blaze-p/razor-blaze.htm

I like this one also but be careful changing the blades they are on there pretty good. 

http://www.havalon.com/the-piranta-skinning-knives.html

Looks like they have a blade remover now, that is pretty cool. 

Good luck and let us know Tropics. 

DS 

Them are great from what I here, BUT have you seen these, with S/S Replacement blades, I pack these during hunting season and talked to one Fish and game officer that swears by them. I also use them in my sausage making, been thinking about carrying the Havalon for a pocket knife. 

I have both the outdoor edge one is way easier to change. and no more sharpening at all and replacement blades are fairly cheap 

http://www.outdooredge.com/Razor-Blaze-p/razor-blaze.htm

I like this one also but be careful changing the blades they are on there pretty good. 

http://www.havalon.com/the-piranta-skinning-knives.html

Looks like they have a blade remover now, that is pretty cool. 

Good luck and let us know Tropics. 

DS 
DS Sorry to say this is for sharpening knives.I have a ton of knives.

Richie

I have the Ken Onion edition and concur with all the good things already said. I sharpened a butter knife just to see if I could and it came out as sharp as could be.

Thanks everyone.. I was so close to running up to the NT store and getting one..... do I want one....... yes do I need one, somewhat.... do I have to have one.... no...... lol  maybe next week   he he he he

Richie both BamaFan and I have one of them they are awesome. I have tried all kinds of sharpeners and hands down these are the best I've used. I haven't found a hunting, fishing or kitchen knife it doesn't work with. I got mine off Amazon 

Joe you NEED one after you've had it for a little while you'll be trying to figure out why you didn't buy one sooner

I use a cheap harbor freight 1 x 30 belt sander for my knives.

Takes no tine at all to get hair shaving sharpness.  Buy some belts from some other knife sharpeners suppliers, and you'll save wear and tear on your arthritis.  My problem too.

No belt sander can ever match hundred of dollars of fine stones, but unless you're anal about, it will produce scary sharp in a hurry.  Just ask my wife and daughter!  LOL

But for the cheap money, it's great!

Sharpening knives is like the smoking people.  Thousands of ways to do it, and every one of them is the "ONLY WAY"!.  <grin>

Last edited:
Been looking for a good knife sharpener for a while.  I stumbled on this post and not one negative review. GREAT, just ordered it from Amazon $69.95 and free shipping (Prime).  Thanks for the post 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky