Wood from Amazon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Wasi

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 23, 2017
Just wondering if anyone has used this wood from Amazon. Have not found a local dealer and have used fruita wood in the past but love the 2 day free shipping from Amazon.

I've ordered once or twice from online but they all tend to be expensive. I think before I went online, I would look for oak firewood sold locally. Academy sports has decent prices and different types.

I'm lucky b/c I have a charbroil warehouse that sells bags of splits for 5$ each. Well that's if I can get there before they close.

Just wondering if anyone has used this wood from Amazon. Have not found a local dealer and have used fruita wood in the past but love the 2 day free shipping from Amazon.

30 pounds of wood for $60 ???---Wow!!! Forget That !!

Your Profile doesn't say where you're from, but I would think there must be some wood available locally.
Local Orchards??? They trim their trees a lot & often sell trimming relatively cheap. Fruit Wood is Great---Apple, Cherry, Peach, Pear, etc, etc.
If you're in a Cold State, get some Oak Firewood & a cheap ax, and split your own. It's not hard.

Bear

30 pounds of wood for $60 ???---Wow!!! Forget That !!

Your Profile doesn't say where you're from, but I would think there must be some wood available locally.
Local Orchards??? They trim their trees a lot & often sell trimming relatively cheap. Fruit Wood is Great---Apple, Cherry, Peach, Pear, etc, etc.
If you're in a Cold State, get some Oak Firewood & a cheap ax, and split your own. It's not hard.

Bear
I currently live outside of the Chicago IL area. I will keep looking for a local source and thanks for letting me know it is to expensive.

You should be able to get Cowboy brand hickory from Lowes for $20 a bag, which is overpriced but far less than online prices. Also, the bagged firewood at the hardware store is usually kiln dried mix of maple, oak and hickory. $4-6 for an even bigger bag than the Cowboy hickory splits.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky