Wish me luck fellas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cromag

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
Sevierville Tennessee
It time for a MEGA MEAT SMOKE!!!!!!!!!

I have a 11 lb brisket, 11 lb butt and 6 baby back racks going on my UDS tonight and tomorrow.. I have a small army to feed tomorrow.

Reactions: mballi3011
That is a mega load. Are you sure you can get that all on there? I guess the butt and brisket should fit on one rack and then the baby backs could go on the other rack. How big are the baby backs??? Do you have rib racks??? Might be tight with the ribs but you'll figure it out. Best of luck to you. I must see some Qview of this smoke. You will be putting the UDS to the test. But as usual it will perform perfectly!!!

Looking forward to the qview, are ya gonna do the pork first then the brisket after?
I was thinking brisket first at midnight and then about 3 am drop the butt on the smoker. My butts always finish fast.. What do you think? I'm planning on a 5-6pm eat time cooking at 225-245

Sounds good... Let's not forget to post the Qview...

Racks are full racks and no I wish I had a rib stacker. I have my horizontal smoker on stand by just in case I need to toss 2 racks on it. I was wondering about the space myself!   

Last edited:
eaa09c98_1007117.jpg

4ee0ae3b_1007118.jpg

47f792cb_1007119q.jpg

Good luck!  Looks like you're going to have fun!  

I'm really liking my UDS a lot.  Done my first big smoke in it last weekend...a brisket and the UDS worked like a champ!

I put about 10 pounds of briquettes in my basket last weekend and I'd bet there was at least 6 or 7 (after further review lol) 5 pounds left after 18 hours.  I've not used lump yet but knowing the efficiency of the UDS you'll probably have no trouble with a full basket getting at least 18 hours.

Last edited:
you better get a pic when you have all that on there? and yes that basket looks very low on fuel to me?

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky