Winter in Calgary makes me smoke meat indoors!!!! lol and true

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Louise Shotton

Original poster
Dec 12, 2017
Hi, Offset smoker in the summer but indoor smoker in the winter..
Back Bacon being smoked that I prefer portioned ready to vaccu seal later...
I am starting with 1 1/2 hrs. cold smoke to dry them more . Then smoke them hot/cold intermittently that I pre programmed. I am using a mix of maple/hickory/ cherry pellets.
IMG_2017.JPG
IMG_2016.JPG
IMG_2015.JPG

Reactions: kruizer
Do you use it in the house or garage? The one review I read said that it would set off a smoke detector. I have an Oster smoker/roaster oven that I impulse bought yrs ago that works well but its definitely an outside rig.

Do you use it in the house or garage? The one review I read said that it would set off a smoke detector. I have an Oster smoker/roaster oven that I impulse bought yrs ago that works well but its definitely an outside rig.
Mine, I researched a lot..Indoor on the counter ... When you want to smoke in bulk, use the offset smoker in the summer. For me, this one is great for smoking about 7 lbs of meat for winter's sake..

Reactions: Norwester55
We would love for you to share more. It’s how we all learn and continue to build an awesome community.
It has taken 2.5 hours on the cold/hot smoke and a very small handful of wood pellets ..more or less 1/4 c of it.. Will post results tomorrow..

Reactions: jcam222
It has taken 2.5 hours on the cold/hot smoke and a very small handful of wood pellets ..more or less 1/4 c of it.. Will post results tomorrow..
It turned out juicy....Here's some slices..I finished with 5 2 inch chunks..I am not here to make things look perfect thru pics.... just showing the real thing ...
IMG_2023.JPG

Very interesting.

That setup looks kinda interesting, Louise. I've never seen or heard of one of those before. So please do post some more of your smokes in that gizmo.
I would have thought that you'd get enough chinooks down in Calgary that you'd be able to smoke outside lots of days throughout the winter.
Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky