Will the lady who loves crisp salmon skin...?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fpmich

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 17, 2013
Central Michigan
To the lady who LOVES crisp salmon skin, smoked or fresh, please check in?

I've searched and searched but cannot find any of those threads you posted in. 

I just wanted to thank you for that idea of frying my smoked salmon skin for a very tasty chip like treat.  I LOVED them too.

All my life I ate the smoked salmon and threw away the skin.  I shudder now to think of it.  What a great and tasty treat!

Please post if you see this.  I just want to say thanks for the info.

I'll bump this tread a couple of time, if necessary, just so you may catch it.  I'll never toss another salmon skin in my life!

Good Morning My Friend, and HERE I AM!!!!!!!!!

That is the best news of my today! I am DELIGHTED if any morsel or sip of food or wine that I mumbled about, so much as brightened anyone's day or world up at all! If I made any difference, then how very grateful am I!

I love any crisped salmon skin and actually used to order "salmon-skin" hand rolls, in Japanese restaurants (along with much raw fare) where the fried skin was rolled up with rice and seaweed and served in a great cone shape where one could dip it into sauce or whatever. Delicious!

Happy salmon skin eating to you!!! I even used it as "wraps" around some smoked calamari, and here is a video of that: 

Happy December to you, and to your wonderful new delicacy too! Cheers!!!! - Leah

Hi Leah,  Glad you saw this thread. 

Thanks for the tip.  I'm forever grateful.I thought it may encourage some other people to give it a try most people never thought about it.

I gave some to my son and his wife.  He liked it but she didn't.  Too strong for her.

If anyone is just now hearing of this, give it a try.  If you like salmon, you'll love the crisped skin chips.

My Pleasure! It is indeed a treat - salmon skin - (though I love almost every single fish skin that exists, but for tuna & marlin as it is too tough, although I've tried!!); but yes, here is to more people enjoying it!! Cheers!!!!!! - Leah

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky