Will it Work?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scottiebe

Original poster
Jan 20, 2013
Michigan
well I recently pic this thing up in hopes to replace the 55 year old home built smoker I have been using for the last 13 yrs. so there is a tag from the manufacture says its 55 gallons. so can I use the UGS methods for this? what do you guys think, thoughts and suggestion please!

thanks to all,

scottiebe

It looks remarkably like the one about to retire...
icon_eek.gif

I would make it close to the same as the first one, since you are used to how it works. But I am pretty lazy....

I agree with wneill, except my suggestion would be to put the firebox to the rear and raise the smoker up @12-18" so the smoke rises from the firebox into the chamber naturally.

huh never thought of the whole offset thing! might have to look into that! thanks for the ideas guys

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky