Why I love my mini wsm

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cody0707

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 19, 2013
Tallahassee, FL
When I set my mini wsm up for a cook I fill up my chimney with unlit charcoal which is about 60 unlit briquettes of Stubb's. I take that chimney and spread them around the charcoal grate. I take 15 briquettes out of the middle and light them in the chimney. I bring it up to about 215-220 with both vents wide open. I then shut down the bottom vent all the way and let my IQ110 go to work maintaining 225 for the durration of the cook. When up to temp I add 1 chunk of whatever wood I intend to use. 

Today I did this same process. I let it get to temps. cooked some ribs using a 3-2-1 method and closed down all of the airflow to snuff out the remaining coals. After it was all put out I have plenty of briquettes left yet to be burned. One day I need to start it up and see how long I can go before adding more coals to maintain temps. A bag of charcoal will last a long time. 

Nice having an air tight smoker.....  
icon14.gif
...  Dave 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky