Whole pig rotisserie?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

msuiceman

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 11, 2012
SE Michigan (Royal Oak Area)
Anyone ever cook a whole pig on a spit? I have the party que rotisserie along with sides and top.... I cook a whole lamb for orthodox easter, but thinking about cooking a pig this summer.... Anyone ever cook say a 65lb pig on one of these things?

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve, I cook whole pigs regularly on spits but with gas.

Did a quick search for your equipment and I see it's a charcoal base, am I correct?

Low and slow is better than hot. If leaving the head on, wrap the ears with foil and the tail as these will burn up.

Hey Al, I would be interested in the whole pig on a spit thread if you can find it.

Thanks John
I know I want to spin one soon even if only a suckling pig.    OBTW we have a new rotisserie section that is brand new we want to grow.  It should eventually become a great resource for all things rotisserie related!   It's in the equipment seciton

I know I want to spin one soon even if only a suckling pig.    OBTW we have a new rotisserie section that is brand new we want to grow.  It should eventually become a great resource for all things rotisserie related!   It's in the equipment seciton
Thanks for the heads up FWIsmoker

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky