Whoa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kit s

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 2, 2017
Messed up state of California
When I opened this site this morning, I almost went into shock. The change will sure take some adjustment for this old gizzer. Will have to learn some new procedures. Might be fun, might be a few hair pulling times, but I didn't make it this far because I gave up...so onward me fellow forum poster and readers...up up and away.

Kit

This should be almost like the old site with very few changes just looks different. Let me know if I can help in anyway.

Reactions: kit s
I really like the what's new button
It only shows posts that you haven't read yet.
Or you can set it to see recent posts whether you have read them or not.
Al

I think the upgrade looks great! Like all things new it'll just take a little time to figure everything out, but for the most part everything seems to work the same. RAY

I am really liking that everything is larger and more "graphical".
It all looks good on my 12.2 tablet screen.

Definitely will take some getting used to on phone. Overall looks nice. The carousel pics are huge on phone showing only a portion. I miss the section at the top where if shows like the most recent 5 posts.

So far Im not a fan, but I realize that there will. growing pains involved with the new forum. Im sure the forum tech's will have their hands full for the first couple of weeks.
Im the worst when it comes to new features a figuring things out so it will take me a while to get the new forum down.
I can't stand change and to be perfectly honest I don't know that I have the time for this right now. So my postings may drop off for a while, until I have a little bit of time to work things out with the new forum.

Last edited:
It's already gotten much better than when it was first launched yesterday.
The tech team will get things sorted out quickly.:emoji_thumbsup:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky