Who has this book??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Deer Meat

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Aug 8, 2006
Southwest Pennsylvania
I'm curious how many folks on here have this book?

I have considered buying it, but it seems a little pricey
PDT_Armataz_01_03.gif

just wondering if it is worth the cash.

51FPmuYzMSL._SS500_.jpg

Brian,

Buy the book! I first bought the book in the early 80's and have bought several new editions since. The cover you show is the current edition and probaly close to the last.

Rytek Kutas died a few years ago and his brother Ben took up the torch and completed the third edition. The book has been widely accalimed by folks far more knowledgeable than me.

All I can say is that everytime I have had a question or a point of curiosity about anything dealing with sausage this book has held the answer.

Again...BUY IT!

If you have specific questions about the book I will cheerfully answer them. The book is sitting on my desk right next to the computer!
Cheers!

Amazon seems to have the best price. I bought mine through Barns & Noble. Their list as the same as the SausageMaker Site at $29.95 but I belong to their "club" and paid $23.96 and got free shipping.

Just a little more about the book. It covers:
Curing
Smoking
Storing
Game Meat
and so much more! This book is one heck of an investment for newbie or pro!

Cheers!

Good deal, Brian!

You WILL enjoy and make great use of that huge source of information!

Happy for ya!

Cheers!

good deal, but it depends also on what version you got on ebay, the newest was just released around feb or so, Rytek passed away during the revision and his brother finished it up adding some extra stuff as well, I have the new revision and it's worth every single penny.....
icon_smile.gif

DeerMeat, I purchsed this book awhile back with the VHS tape. You get a combo deal if you purchase the book w/either the VHS Tape or the DVD. It's a great book and worth the money. Tons' of recipies, techniques, methods etc... I was on DeeJay Debbys site (excuse the Typo if im wrong) has a ton of recipies too. Actually similar to Rytek Kutas book. I am not saying that is a copy though. Money well spent.

Thanks for the posts! You guys have "flung a craving on me." I've been thinking of trying to make sausage for a while now. And with this thread, I read the reviews etc. (also on Amazon.com) and ordered the book. I'll keep you posted on how it all turns out. Thanks for the nudge.

Well Coach I'll take that as a compliment Seeing how my site was going and recipes up long before I got Rytecks book as eveidence buy my posts. I guess if it ever gets questioned I have this forum as proof.
wink.gif

You will like the book. It has a lot of info that you may or may not use. Then after you have read the book, djdebi has a web site to go to.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky