WHO HAS HONEY BEE'S

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wish I had some land so I could have Bees and a nice Garden and Livestock...I know , Greed is showing it's Ugly face.
devil.gif
 Shame on me...
icon_redface.gif

i'd be curious if anyone here has city bee's...i'd be interested in setting up a hive.  maybe the fellas in the Gardening area would know more...

Dougmays.

I have 15 hives at present. They are country bees. As a kid we had city bees. City bees out preform others because people in town have things planted in their yards that bloom at differant times. They also water more.  in the country. Their may be row crops. but if it is the same crop over houndreds of acres. when the bloom is over so is the honey flow.A bee will travel 1.5 miles or up to 3 miles if they have to.

This is a tree rescue i did.

My bee vac. I call it my bee zoo. I can vacuum bees into a hive that way

A swarm out of one of my hives

Happy smoken.

David

Last edited:
Bees are really neat . I'm hoping to eventually get some bee boxes . A friend of mine has bees and he brings fresh honey to work . Wow ! Really good stuff , and very interesting to learn about .

thanks guys!

Dave - is it alot of work? i'm concerned with bees stinging my neighbors..i live in a closely coupled neighborhood.

Doug there are some things you can do to keep the bees flight path higher like put the hive facing a section of high privacy fence making them go up higher than they normally do. Do any of your neighbors have swimming pools?

I have some hives but they are in the country as well

Doug like pineywoods said just give them an obstical and they will fly over it. they will normally fly around 15" so as not to hit things. if you have flowers you have bees any way. might as well have a little honey for your sauce. here is a couple of pics of my bee yard.

4 pollen trap on the bottom of this hive

Happy smoken my friends.

David

I have always wanted to get bees. Due to my profession I have no idea when I may move or be gone fr a period of time. This may have to wait till retirement.

I have always wanted to get bees. Due to my profession I have no idea when I may move or be gone fr a period of time. This may have to wait till retirement.
HOLLIDAY i understand, i traveled for a living for 23 years. may have to go back to it. But intill then i will always have a friend to
beercheer.gif
. i sure do injoy my bees. just collected pollen and closed the pollen trap. for a few days.

Happy smoken.

David

My bees seem to be doing alright. These hives are at my place and I have another 8-10 at a friend's place and should be bringing them here some time this week

We have to have them inspected once a year but don't have to do anything to move them within the state other than that

Do  you guys plant any special flowers (sunflowers, fruit trees, etc...) to get a exact flavor profile in your honey or let them run free and get what you get?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky