Who else likes Old Fashioned Hershey's Hot Chocolate...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Now they are saying high 30*F; low 17*F in Baton Rouge Friday!!! That is really cold for here!!!!
6° Friday morning, with a high of 16° here in the Middle TN! MIDDLE FRIGGIN TN! There are several reasons I live where I do, and getting that cold ain't one of them! Geez.

Dave

• Haha
Reactions: TNJAKE
Lol last Christmas was 78° but we also were having massive tornadoes in Tennessee and Kentucky........I'll take the cold I guess
And the Christmas before that was when that dude set off that bomb, and himself in downtown Nashville. Bombs, tornadoes, and frostbite. Phew!

Dave

• Haha
Reactions: TNJAKE
I make real hot chocolate at work every christmas.
Callebeaut milk and dark callets, whipping cream, milk and a few cinnamon sticks.
Nothing even comes close.

Reactions: indaswamp
Reactions: indaswamp
Reactions: zwiller
I had always heard this.....
Wonder if their cocoa powder has that note in it? I don't think it can. If I were dead set on making the best Hershey's hot cocoa I'd try some buttermilk to get that note.

Wife made some hot cocoa for youngest this weekend and took a hit. Was stellar and on par with good scratch or from a good joint. It was Starbucks double chocolate.

Drinking a lot of the Abuelita right now, along with hot tea. (I'm not a coffee guy.)
Currently, it's 28° out. Weather bozos said we'd get about 1" of snow on Sunday and Monday, then it would melt off. Well, it's Tuesday now, and I have about 5" outside, and it's still coming down.

Give this recipe a try. It comes from Glenn Beck. Try to top it some marshmallows from Williams Sonoma.

Glenn’s Coma Hot Chocolate

5 pints of LIGHT CREAM or 1/2 & 1/2.

12 Hershey candy bars.

Slowly heat cream on stove, break candy bars in small pieces and slowly add to warm cream. Stir until melted candy is fully mixed.

Serve ASAP and try not to go into a coma.

WARNING: DO NOT EAT WITH TURKEY OR YOU MAY NEVER WAKE UP

RG

Last edited:
...with a peppermint candy cane?

Made some tonight....a favorite childhood Christmas time treat. Recipe straight off the back of the Hershey's Coco powder...but I use 3 TBSP. of sugar and coco....
When I was a kid usually had marshmallows and not the candy cane. However as an adult I have been known from time to time to add some peppermint Schnapps.

HMMMM... radioguy radioguy .. you musta copied and pasted for it to be spread apart so far ??
Sorry Jack, started to post from my phone and it got hosed up, the more I tried to correct it the worse it got. I have is readable now. Give it a try it is very rich.

RG

Capture.PNG

I'm lazy, I like Swiss Miss. On real cold nights I use milk instead of water.

Chris

This one is from the Frugal Gourmet Cookbook. It's good, but you'll probably need a note from your cardiologist if you want to drink it more than once or twice a month.

Hot Chocolate to Die For
3 oz. milk chocolate
1tsp. butter
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1 cup half and half or cream

Stir chocolate, butter and vanilla together in a double boiler until melted and
smooth. Add
half and half or cream slowly, incorporating it gradually as it heats, but do
not boil. Server over a handful of miniature marshmallows and garnish with
a dash of nutmeg.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky