Who else has work buddies?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

negolien

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 1, 2020
Sacramento, Calif.
I do what I can for them but they are feral. Parden the retarded baby talk lol. The orange cats about 2 months old The grey tabby is about a year and a half and is polydactol. I feed them when I am in shift there. The grey one was a baby when I started workin there

Last edited:
I'll be that guy. I have no time for feral cats. Besides the high probability of carrying disease they most likely carry fleas, mites and other undesirable critters. Our neighborhood is literally being over run by them. We have a lady down the street who feeds them so they keep hanging around and they breed like rats. This is the middle of December and there are months old kittens who can't get out of the street because they can't climb the snow banks. It was well below zero last night and nearly 50mph winds. I've spoken with her and told her if she cares enough to feed them she needs to take them to the vet and have them spayed or nuetered and given the needed shots. Deaf ears.

If I leave my garage door open they will get in there searching for something to eat. Then when I go back out and surprise them they back into a corner and hiss and snarl. Needless to say I deal with them a bit differently then you do negolien.

Reactions: 1MoreFord
I'll be that guy. I have no time for feral cats. Besides the high probability of carrying disease they most likely carry fleas, mites and other undesirable critters. Our neighborhood is literally being over run by them. We have a lady down the street who feeds them so they keep hanging around and they breed like rats. This is the middle of December and there are months old kittens who can't get out of the street because they can't climb the snow banks. It was well below zero last night and nearly 50mph winds. I've spoken with her and told her if she cares enough to feed them she needs to take them to the vet and have them spayed or nuetered and given the needed shots. Deaf ears.

If I leave my garage door open they will get in there searching for something to eat. Then when I go back out and surprise them they back into a corner and hiss and snarl. Needless to say I deal with them a bit differently then you do negolien.
The feral here are mousers for the property owner who fixes em thankfully. That's as close as I can get to em. If you're saying you kill em or something well . No need to post in my threads. Just saying animal cruelty is not cool.

There is more than one kind of animal cruelty. Good on your property owner for having them fixed. You are in a warm clime so they don't suffer the severe winters we have here. Our neighbor lady had her mostly indoor cat tore up pretty good by a feral last summer. Cost her a good chunk of change at the vet. I had a whole litter of kittens underneath our three season house last year. Did I want a litter of kittens? No.
I caught four of them and found someone who took two. The other two were released on a dirt road near a farm with the best of good luck wishes. We do not have a shelter in our area to take them.

I have young grandkids around and I'm not taking the slightest chance of one of them getting involved with a feral on my property. Just common sense.

I'm just dealing with them on a different level than you are negolien.

There is more than one kind of animal cruelty. Good on your property owner for having them fixed. You are in a warm clime so they don't suffer the severe winters we have here. Our neighbor lady had her mostly indoor cat tore up pretty good by a feral last summer. Cost her a good chunk of change at the vet. I had a whole litter of kittens underneath our three season house last year. Did I want a litter of kittens? No.
I caught four of them and found someone who took two. The other two were released on a dirt road near a farm with the best of good luck wishes. We do not have a shelter in our area to take them.

I have young grandkids around and I'm not taking the slightest chance of one of them getting involved with a feral on my property. Just common sense.

I'm just dealing with them on a different level than you are negol

Just tryin to post some happy stuff on Christmas eve but /shrug whatever. I'll let you get back to drowning kittens I guess.

• Wow
Reactions: chilerelleno
We have a feral orange tabby that has roamed our neighborhood for years. He has a huge head, but his ears are almost nonexistent, which I assume is due to fighting. He walks the fences and now that our labs are gone, we’ll see him in our backyard every now and then. No one is feeding him, so I guess he’s a mouser, which is alright by me!

Reactions: negolien
The feral here are mousers for the property owner who fixes em thankfully. That's as close as I can get to em. If you're saying you kill em or something well . No need to post in my threads. Just saying animal cruelty is not cool.

ours were adopted from a feral bunch.

IMG_0452.JPG
they are a pain in my ass when cooking, but kooky little F@#ks otherwise.

Just tryin to post some happy stuff on Christmas eve but /shrug whatever. I'll let you get back to drowning kittens I guess.
I said nothing about drowning cats. Apparently you must think we are in some sort of a argument? And even more apparent you must think you are losing because putting words in people's mouth and creating straw kittens to fight is what many people do in those situations. So far I've found homes for two kittens and released two. That's all you know because that's all I've told you.
Everything else you just said is a fantasy created in your own mind.

Have a great Christmas. Really.

Reactions: FreshGround
The hospital where I used to work had a duck that owned part of the sidewalk from the garage to the door where we had to enter. It was his and no one was allowed to walk on it. Folks would actually walk out into the street to avoid him. Someone even made a FB page for him.
Jim

• Haha
Reactions: negolien
People make me sad sometimes. My mom always says if you got nothing nice to say just shut up. Not real hard. All my cats the last 35 years been strays I thought I rescued them in reality they rescued me. Between cancer 2 times and my job I thank God every day for my fuzzy buddies.

Last edited by a moderator:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky