Wheres the best place to buy sawdust

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dabutcher

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 31, 2021
I just wanted to get some input on where all of you buy sawdust . Here in minnesota I havent found any source to buy from locally . I bought some from ps seasonings on sale during the holiday . Even on sale with shipping it works out to almost 5 dollars a pound . Its hard to believe sawdust could be worth more than some meats . Any help would be greatly appreciated . Thanks much

Just note that unless they are labeled 100% of a species (i.e.- 100% applewood) the pellets will be a blend of other woods. Some even put a oils in the pellets for flavoring.
Lumberjack was a brand that use to have 100% of the labeled species, don't know if they still do.

LEM has better sawdust prices than PS. But I'd use pellets and make dust like Winterrider Winterrider suggested. You can buy high end pellets pretty cheap compared to buying dust

Just note that unless they are labeled 100% of a species (i.e.- 100% applewood) the pellets will be a blend of other woods. Some even put a oils in the pellets for flavoring.
Lumberjack was a brand that use to have 100% of the labeled species, don't know if they still do.
I buy my dust from Todd. Best out there.
Is todd a member or does he have a site he sells from . Thanks

Try Butcher & Packer

Looks like pretty reasonable price for 5 pounds

I just wanted to get some input on where all of you buy sawdust . Here in minnesota I havent found any source to buy from locally . I bought some from ps seasonings on sale during the holiday . Even on sale with shipping it works out to almost 5 dollars a pound . Its hard to believe sawdust could be worth more than some meats . Any help would be greatly appreciated . Thanks much
I buy pellets and soak them in a bucket of water overnight...they crumble easily after that with a couple of stirs and when you dry them out...sawdust.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky