Where to get casings local?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pitrow

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 13, 2007
Cornelius, Oregon
I know you can order whatever casings you want online, but I'm wondering if there's a local option for finding casings? I don't really have a local butcher, as the closest one is about an hour away, so I think that option is out. Where else would you find casings, or is it strictly an online/catalog thing these days?

Thanks!

I get all my pig casings from one or two of the local butcher shops. I have never tried to purchase any other type of casings.
Hope this helps.

Our Fleet Farm (farm supply store) carries em, have from time ta time seen em in the grocery store, but they gettin so they don't carry the regular food stuff let lone casins. Like steve said, check yer yeller pages. Livin in oregon with a fair amount a huntin yall should have some meat lockers that would have em too.

i got hog (salted ones lol) that origionally came from lemproducts.com at tractor supply last year. they actually had alot of game processing stuff. and i think big R here even had them.
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

have 2 stores here-sausage shop-or I also have a market that carries them-it is a international market that I love-can find most anything there-last hank I bought was $20 and enough for prolly 150 #s.

I got them once when I ran out from my local grocery store. It was a large store that makes their own sausage. I rang the bell at the meat counter and asked the butcher. He went to the back an got me some.

Same here, most of the grocery stores that make thier own sausage will sell you just the amount you need

thanks everyone! That gives me some good places to look. I never even though of the supermarkets. lol.

Thanks again!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Pitrow,

Look for 'em at sportsman's warehouse. There's one in portland, as if you didn't already know. They got 'em over with the camp cooking gear. There's actually some decent sausage mixes they have there too.

I'm sure that there's regular butcher shops in hillsboro/PDX that will have them. Otherwise, go to your local albertson's and ask them at the butcher block to carry hog and sheep casings. QFC will carry them too if you ask. Albertson's usually just will get them for you, and youhave to ask each time you need some.

I'll take a look around next time I'm in Beaverton, see if I can help ya find a steady supply.

Mark

3 more, if you are lucky enough to live near Cabela's, Bass Pro, or Academy Sports. Thanks for the heads up on Albertson's. The local store seems to make sausage in-house.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky