Where to buy wood

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ron50

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 14, 2007
FL
Hey all:

I'm looking for a good source of wood chunks I can purchase online as all I can find in the local stores are mesquite and hickory. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Ron

Ron,
Give us some idea of what part of our great country you live in. It will be easier to hlp you get your wood if we know where you are located.
Cheers!

Hey Cheech:

I'm from Long Island, New York.. east of New York City.

I guess I'd like to try all the different woods, so far I've used Hickory, Apple and I have some Cherry as well. I'd like to try some oak, pear, basically everything.

Thanks.

Ron

Ron,
Try some of the landscaping and tree services. They usually have hardwood available. And if you know of someone or have a friend who works for the local utility services there is another source of wood.

Most of these folks will be happy to sell you some wood. The Utility services will probably give it to you.

Once you get your wood it will take at least six months to a year to season. Time will be shortened if you cut it to the length you need and then split it.

Beyond that look for apple and other fruit orchards. Offer to take away prunings.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky