• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What's Your 20?

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
I wonder how many episodes of the Little Rascals or Our Gang would make it to the airwaves today before being canceled?

bbqbrett

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 17, 2013
I didn't put my location in but there is a good clue in there which could give a lot of people a pretty good idea of the area I'm in.

TulsaJeff

Smoke Whisperer
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 28, 2005
Dumb question….how do I update my profile? I’ve moved twice since joining. I go to the gear for my profile, look at profile and can see my original info, but the only edit button I see is for avatar? I only use iPhone, my work computer won’t let me log in here and I don’t have a computer at home.

I’m 47, living in Alexandria Virginia, looking at a move to Iowa in a little over a year.

Not sure if you ever figured this out but you can edit your information at https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/account/ on the iPhone, click on the "your account" link at the top to edit your signature, alerts, etc.

bauchjw

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 3, 2015
Thank you Jeff, no, I hadn’t figured it out yet!

uncle eddie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined May 14, 2016
I have always used my county, state for my location in SMF.
That seems generalized enough for location and loose enough to be less than specific.

Torch&Tone

Fire Starter
Joined Apr 9, 2019
I wouldn't mind finding other users nearby, to help keep an eye out for good sources of meat (discounts in Dubuque and deals in Dublin do diddly for me), or even bulk-ordering wood, but I understand anyone's reluctance to share. The community is great but the site, including posts/profiles, *is* public, and just because you don't have reason to withhold whatever details doesn't mean they don't.
I didn't put my location in but there is a good clue in there which could give a lot of people a pretty good idea of the area I'm in.
Blue turf = Boise State? I recall them getting a trademark on not just a blue playing field, but any non-green turf field, and that high schools or colleges wanting to use something other than green have to (or at least are supposed to) approach them for licensing permission. Seems... excessive. Of course, I don't think it's been challenged yet but doing so would only please the lawyers.

bbqbrett

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 17, 2013
Blue turf = Boise State? I recall them getting a trademark on not just a blue playing field, but any non-green turf field, and that high schools or colleges wanting to use something other than green have to (or at least are supposed to) approach them for licensing permission. Seems... excessive. Of course, I don't think it's been challenged yet but doing so would only please the lawyers.
[/QUOTE]
I think it only applies to blue turf but not positive.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.