What's up guys

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buffalo

Original poster
Feb 24, 2014
I stumbled upon this site after an internet search that followed up a relatively unsuccessful attempt at St.Louis style ribs this past Saturday.  I was lurking around the forums and searching when I decided to join and interact a bit.  It sounds like to "roll call" is the way to get going so here you go...

My name is Zach and I live in Bethesda, MD (3 miles from Washington DC) with my fiancee.  We'll be getting married in July and have a 185 lb Newfoundland named Buffalo... hence the user name.  I spend a ton of time fishing all up and down the east coast and originally purchased a smoker for Bluefish, Spanish Mackeral, Salmon etc....

As a housewarming gift we got a Char-Griller Duo which is a charcoal grill/ gas grill / and smoker with an offset fire box combo.  I find that it is a pretty decent unit.  It does not do any of the three functions great, but it does them all pretty good and is super convenient and easy.  I also have an electric Master-built smoker.

I've had a lot of fun and turned out some great food with both the electric and the offset... However, this summer I want to own the backyard BBQ scene in my neighborhood....  Hopefully, you guys can help my accomplish that goal.  Cheers, Zach

Welcome! You have come to the right place! I hav only been smoking meat and a member of this site since October and I have learned so much already and turned out some good food. Lots of knowledgable and friendly people who will answer all your questions. And the search bar can be your best friend. Have fun!

Last edited:
[h3]
texas.gif
Hello Zach, and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything. 
[/h3][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Hey Zack..hearty welcome. You came to the right place to get those ribs moved up to the top of the heap..so to speak. Hope you dont live in the area where all the biting flies come out in nice weather. Knew one fellow from up there who had to stay in the house all summer. Little too close to some marshes of some kind. Property values were very resonable..lol.

Zack
welcome1.gif
Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions
Post it and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is
because their are so many different ways to make great Q...
Happy smoken.
David

Hey Zach

Welcome to the Smoking  forum.   You’ll find great , friendly people here, all more than willing to answer any question you may have.  Just ask and you’ll get about 10 different answers—all right.  LOL.   Don’t forget to post qviews.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky