what's this bright light?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokerjim

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 14, 2014
Northeast pa
not sure but could this be that sun I hear people talking about, it seems so long since i've seen it. it was actually out for a few minutes.
20190510_163955_resized.jpg

I don't think you took that Pic today, Jim---Must have been in the camera awhile. Pretty Sky.

Gray, Dismal, and raining all day again here, as usual.

Bear

I don't think you took that Pic today, Jim---Must have been in the camera awhile. Pretty Sky.

Gray, Dismal, and raining all day again here, as usual.

Bear
I actually took that about 5pm today, it didn't last long though, back to gray skies, thunderstorms a little north of me.

I actually took that about 5pm today, it didn't last long though, back to gray skies, thunderstorms a little north of me.

Yeah I just looked, They're calling for 3 days of no rain out of the next 14 days.
Oh well, that would actually be an improvement!
It's really hard to find one day where it's dry enough to mow grass!!!

Bear

Yeah I just looked, They're calling for 3 days of no rain out of the next 14 days.
Oh well, that would actually be an improvement!
It's really hard to find one day where it's dry enough to mow grass!!!

Bear
thanks for the bad news, I forget when I actually mowed totally dry grass, oh well it's still better then snow

Reactions: jokensmoken
thanks for the bad news, I forget when I actually mowed totally dry grass, oh well it's still better then snow

Exactly!!
I used to kick up dust when mowing. I haven't seen dust in 10 years.
Some of my areas are turning from Grass to Moss (North side of the house & garage, and even the North side of wooded areas.
Wish we could send some of this "Wet" to the areas of the country that need it !!

Bear

Its been raining in Ohio for what seems like 40 days and 40 nights LOL. My back yard is about 4 foot below the grade of my home. its about an acre that is slowly turning to hay!! Never has it gotten this long but there is no way to mow as its so wet it would leave ditches.

Reactions: jokensmoken
Its been raining in Ohio for what seems like 40 days and 40 nights LOL. My back yard is about 4 foot below the grade of my home. its about an acre that is slowly turning to hay!! Never has it gotten this long but there is no way to mow as its so wet it would leave ditches.

Yup---The last time I mowed last year, I thought I was getting a flat on one of my back tires, but then I realized it was fishtailing through the "almost Mush" in that area. I was afraid to stop until I got to my Blacktop driveway!!!
Sheeesh!!!

Bear

Reactions: jcam222
Who knew PA had a monsoon season! I believe last year was our wettest year on record in NE PA.

We’re already on pace to break that.

Tomorrow riding out to Jeannette PA about 340 miles round trip to Delallo's Italian grocery for a couple sticks pepperoni, Sopessata and pepperoni rolls and will also pick up a few things for buddies around home.

@Holly2015 I recently found a Delallo's ad for a store 20 miles away. I was curious if it was " A Real Deal, " Italian Deli or a place making Sub Sandwiches with Domestic Salami. What is your impression, worth the trip?

Speaking of the Rain...It's been WET here too. Been seeing Animals gather 2×2 on the few Dry patches of my yard!
My 9 new Chickens are outgrowing the Brooder quickly and we need better weather to get the Coop and Run finished...JJ

Speaking of the Rain...It's been WET here too. Been seeing Animals gather 2×2 on the few Dry patches of my yard!
My 9 new Chickens are outgrowing the Brooder quickly and we need better weather to get the Coop and Run finished...JJ[/QUOTE]
I think i've seen some of the animals going 4x4, I like getting our eggs, they're usually covered in mud from the chickens going in and out of the nest

Last year in PA was wet. The cycle was Thurs mid morning rain clouds moved in then rain spotty rain. Then all-day Fri/Sat rain and then start to clear on Sunday mid afternoon. Monday would be cloudy and rain showers Tues/Wed nice then repeat over and over again for 20+ weeks. But it still fell short of record rainfall. Last year was frustrating. Just as the lawn would dry out enough for the dog to play it'd rain again. Having a unexercised GSP is a trying experience. Fortunately so far this year we have been able to get her out to play ball for 2 to 3 hours at a time 4 or 5 times a week. A tired GSP is a good GSP!

Our GSP developed inflammation in his paws because it was so wet last summer. We only had him in our yard.

We took him to the Vet and they told us they had seen quite a few cases like this already. They said it was from all the mold and fungus due to the dampness...so we would clean and dry his feet each time he came from outside.

luckily our dogs didn't have that problem, hopefully it will dry up some soon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky